Chapter Sixteen

The nightclub became more and more crowded and Lena and Kara moved closer and closer to each other. Their faces were so close that they could feel each other's breath. Lena hated dancing in public but the adrenaline coursing through her because of how close she was to Kara fueled her enough to do whatever Kara wanted.

    Their bodies swayed together and neither of them focused on anything except each other. Lena's eyes were closed, letting her feel Kara's touch and nothing else. The rush of blood she felt in her face drowned out the music and other noises but she kept moving her hips. They let each other guide their bodies, moving in sync with each other.

    Kara moved to place her hands on Lena's hips and she accidentally brushed her hand against hers. Both of them felt the little shock from the contact. Lena took in a sharp breath, desperate for Kara's touch. Kara felt her heart race and looked down at the space between them. More accurately, she looked down at the space that wasn't between them. Lena had pressed her body directly onto Kara's when their hands touched.

    Lena opened her eyes to see Kara looking at her with a soft smile. She smiled back and slowly moved her hand upward to brush the little stray strands of hair away from Kara's face. She was about to drop her hand to her side but Kara's right hand left her hip to grab it.

    At this point, they both moved so that their foreheads were pressed together. They were still swaying to the music but they were moving so similarly they didn't notice they were still dancing. Kara's hand was still holding on to Lena's and she shuddered when Kara brushed her thumb over her skin.

    Lena suddenly pulled away a couple of inches and she took her hand away from Kara's.

    "What-" A small wave of panic hit Kara when she thought she had done something wrong.

    Lena shook her head to reassure her that everything was more than fine. She locked eyes with Kara and stared deeply into them. Kara fiddled with her fingers from nervousness when she heard how hard Lena's heart was beating. She blushed when she realized her heart was beating just as fast.

    Without saying a word, Lena wrapped her arms around Kara's waist. Still staring into Kara's eyes, she slowly slid her hands upwards. She stopped when she got to the middle of Kara's back and let out a shaky breath.

    They simultaneously leaned into each other and Lena moved her hand so that they were behind Kara's neck. She felt a rush course through her and her heart tugged when their lips met. Kara's heart was pounding against her rib cage so hard she could hear it in her head.

    Kara deepened the kiss and Lena threaded her fingers into Kara's blond hair. Kara's hands were now tightly wrapped around Lena's waist. She pushed her body harder onto her, the little space between them completely disappeared. Lena's other hans ran up and down Kara's back before Lena pulled back, gasping for air.

    She leaned back in almost immediately. Kara's hand found her way behind Lena's neck, holding them in one spot, and she ran her other hand through Lena's hair, her fingers intertwined with the dark locks. Kara opened her mouth wider for better access and Lena gasped, surprised by the kiss.

    When they finally pulled away, both of them were panting for air. Kara's face was completely red and she ran her fingers down her stomach, craving for Lena's touch.

    Lena was biting her bottom lip, unsure of what Kara was thinking. She hoped she hadn't been too forward but her fear disappeared when Kara leaned in and pecked her quickly on the mouth.

    "What was that for?" Lena asked shyly.

    "I-" Kara started to say but stopped herself. "Because you're such an amazing dancer."