CH 1 - The Morning Of

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

You sighed as your alarm awoke you, not that you had slept much anyway. You rolled over to an empty space, but saw a note on Hisoka's pillow. 

Don't forget about our big date today.

Always the joker. But you loved that about him. His sense of humor made his other behavior easier to tolerate.

After a quick shower, you sat at the kitchen island and looked at the plate of breakfast that was left for you. It looked delicious although you had no appetite. But you forced it down anyway knowing that it would be hours before you could eat again. You grabbed the latte and poured it in a to-go mug as your phone rang. 

"Hey y/n! We're downstairs."

"Okay, I'll be right down! Just grabbing some things."

You ran over your mental checklist one more time, grabbed your pre-packed bags, and headed out. When you finally got down to the lobby of the luxury high-rise building, Melody was waiting along with Jane.

"Y/n!!! Are you excited!?? Today is the big day!" The older woman exclaimed as she approached you with open arms. She already had an extroverted type-A personality but she was clearly more excited than you were about today. You smiled anxiously.

"I'm okay, just a little nervous.."

"Oh dear, that's completely natural. I've never met a bride that wasn't nervous on her wedding day! But rest assured everything is going to turn out fine!"

You had your doubts but you nodded in agreement before turning to Melody and hugging her tightly.

"Hey y/n, everything is gonna be fine! Don't worry."

You smiled at your best friend. "Thanks, Mel."

"Okay ladies, let's get going! We have a lot to do!" 

You walked out of the luxury high-rise and got into the limo. After a 20 minute drive, you pulled over and stopped.

"Okay, this is the first stop! I'm gonna drop you two off here while I head over to the venue to make sure everything is being set up properly! The limo will be back to pick you up in a few hours!"

The limo pulled off after you and Melody got out and walked into the upscale boutique salon. It was one of the most expensive ones in all of the city. You were greeted by the owner as soon as you stepped in.

"Welcome back y/n! Today is the big day huh!?"

Again you smiled nervously, "Yep, finally here."

"Well let's not dilly dally, we have to get started right away!"

The owner smiled and gently rushed you and Melody into the chairs.  You sat down as she began the hairstyle that you had already previously picked out when you booked the appointment only 2 short weeks ago.

You recounted how everything had happened so fast after Hisoka suggested you get married right away. Only 3 months had passed since he first proposed to you. "~I've already chosen you. Why wait?~" were his exact words. And you agreed. After all, you thought you'd be pregnant after that first amazing night with him.

You planned on having a small wedding at first. Since Melody was your only friend, and you had no living relatives, who could you really invite? You didn't even bother asking Hisoka who he wanted to invite. But you found a wedding planner and started shopping around for nice venues anyway, and somehow the word got out. After a while, you were getting letters from past associates and calls from magazines and newspapers popular in the Hunter community about the "rumor" regarding you and Hisoka.

You knew Hisoka was somewhat infamous in the hunter community but you didn't know it was to this extent. You figured it was because he was likely one of the strongest Hunters in the known world. But you knew there had to be other reasons. Hisoka, of all people, was getting married? Committing to one woman? Or were people interested because Hisoka was somewhat considered... you know... a sociopath? It made you nervous and gave you mixed feelings about the entire ordeal.

You zoned out of your flashback and looked into the mirror. The owner was almost finished with your hairstyle.

"Okay, now time for makeup!"

You spent another hour and a half in the salon with makeup and nails. In total, you were there for around three hours. Finally, you were finished and you looked gorgeous with the hairstyle and makeup look of your choice. You wanted everything to be perfect today and so far, everything was.

"Okay, we're all done!"

"Thank you sooo much, you did a wonderful job. How much do I owe you?"

The salon owner laughed, "Nothing!!"

You and Melody looked at each other with confused looks.

"Nothing?"

"Yep. Your fiance called earlier, paid for everything in advance. So you're good, you're free to go."

"Oh? Well, thank you! This is for you anyway." You reached into your wallet and tipped the salon owner for her care and excellent service before you and Melody left and got back in the limo.

"Your heart hasn't stopped racing all day y/n. Are you that nervous?"

You sighed, "I'm so excited to be marrying Hisoka but it feels too good to be true...What if it turns into some kind of media fiasco? What if people just come and gawk and stare like it's a freak show? What if there's a fight? What if Hisoka doesn't even sho-"

Melody put her hand on yours, "Y/n. Just take a deep breath, and relax. You're getting married to the man that you love today, and nothing is going to stop that. Nothing else matters. And I'm here, I'm your best friend and I won't let anything ruin your special day."

You smiled as you heeded Melody's advice and silently thank the Heavens for giving you such an amazing friend. 

"Thank you, Melody, you're the best."