Chapter 2. Dear Diary

After the Battle of Maiwand Juno got brought to the nearest internment camp for medical treatment. However, her wound was more severe than expected and so she spend over half a year in this internment camp. Luckily, during the time the British Empire signed a non-aggression pact with the Russian Empire to prevent more losses on both sides so there wasn't any major incidents during this time period. Altough, Todd just saved Juno, he already had to go on a new mission because the goverment relied on him to deliver information about how the war is going on. At this point Juno was alone in this big world that we call earth. Her brother and friends got taken away and she has nothing worth of living anymore. Juno was a strong-willed person but it was just a matter of time after she got infected with Typhus when her body or her mind will give up. She was slowly fading away from this world. 

As luck would have it, she got sent back to London where she got treated immediatly and where she could recover from this illness. Until that point of time, she was a still in a bad condition but she recovered slowly. She began writing in a diary on the recommendation of a psychiatrist. She was on her way to recover. Somehow writing helped her overcome her emotions and trauma but it isn't sure, if she would ever settle back to normal ...

Dear Diary, (Name of diary)

Today is the May 3rd, 1881. It's already been 2 months since I came back to England. I have struggled to overcome my problems and it seems that writing in this little diary really helps. I already wrote an entire diary full about my experience in Afghanistan and I toyed with the idea of publishing it, yet nobody would be interested in a overdramatizised life of an insignificant individual who went to war ,who wasn't brave enough to stand and die by the sides of your allies. (Also it would be a bit embarrasing revealing my private stories). Since Maiwand I haven't seen any of my friends there. I hope that they are doing fine. 

It is very hard to live from war victim- and disability pension. You probably think that my income should be very high and I should be a wealthy rich person by now but no. Furthermore the government have shorten my income because I get two pensions eventhough my earnings aren't that high even with these two. (Stupid government). My only option is to find a work as soon as possible. How hard can it be for a doctor like me? Actually it is harder than anticipaded. 

London has changed so much since I last saw it. If just Moran could see it. The day I lost him will forever be engraved in my memory...

When I was on Todd's back, I lost consciousness due to huge amount of bloodloss and when I woke up, I was in a bed in an Internment camp. Poor guy probably had to carry a snorting wild boar on his back for a long time until he arrived there. It was already noon when I woke up and immediately asked the staff how long I was asleep and the nurse replied that I slept for whole three days and that I should get rest because my injury is going to take a long time until it is fully healed. I remembered that I fell unconscious on Todds shoulders and asked if he is fine. She told me that he was very caring and nice and that he was carrying you on his back when he arrived until he was sure that you are going to be ok. She told me that he was looking after you for 2 days straight without any rest until he was sent back to London to give informations about the situation right now. I then realized how many good friends Moran really made along his way and began to shed a tear. 

I abruptly stood up as I began to realize that I have to see if my brother is on the Information board. Maybe, just maybe there was a chance that he survived. Maybe John checked the pulse wrong. I stood up but the nurses warned me to stay in bed. Of course I didn't listened and convinced one of the nurses to help me to the board. I was very desperate but also afraid of if it is true that my friends died. I expected the worst but it was even worse than imagined. I wasn't prepared for what came. I and only a small percentage of people escaped. The rest was missing or dead. I found so many people that meant something to me  on this list. Xaver, John and my little brother Moran and much more people.

Then it hit me. 

I came to realization that I was lonely, without anyone in this world to share my pain ...

to be continued ...