Chapter 5. Who are you?

Dear Diary,

It is time to get my life in line and the first thing to do is to get a proper job and a steady income.

Today I met an old friend I know from the days when I still was a student. His name is Stamford. It was a welcome and cheering surprise to see a familiar face again after all this time. When he saw me, he instantly went to me and told me his deepest condolence about what happened to me and that if I needed something I could always ask him for help. I thanked him for his kindness and empathy but I politely declined his offer of helping me because I did't wanted to be an unnecessary weight for him -Man, I forgot just how nice he was- Together, we went for a walk in one of the many parks London has and discussed about politics and about other topics surrounding our lifes in London...

"Stamford, how long has it been since we last saw each other? 3-4 years?"

"I don't know. I couldn't keep track of it cause I'm busy as result of my job but it surely has been a long time since we saw us. You matured to the point that I almost couldn't recognize you."

"I'll take it as an compliment, although I think being mature isn't something you can't be too proud of. What are you doing as a job because you said you were very busy. I don't want to waste your time."

"No no! You are definetly not wasting my time. It is my job as a friend to help you. Also it is very pleasant to see you doing well. I heard you went to join the war and so I was very worried for you. I again wanted to tell you my deepest apologies about what happened to you and your brother. Is your wound doing better?"

"It is ok, really. I just limp a little bit but thats fine I don't even need my walking stick anymore. It is very nice to see that you and everyone else is so caring. To this day, I get anonymous gifts from the people and their familys thanking me and telling me nice things that I don't deserve. However how did you know about..."

"It is nice to see that you made so many new friends along your way and answering your question; I work for the government as secretary so there is always something to do. It's very busy and outside of work I am working at the flower store near Scotland Yard to earn something extra."

"Oh, this is the shop I always buy flowers from!"

"So you are this customer who's voice I always heard and which seemed familiar to me. You may not know that I only work at the back of the flower shop. What are you doing for a living right now?"

"To be honest, I still haven't found a fitting job. The universitys in London have enough professors and to open a practice I haven't enough money as result of living in a hotel which is very expensive. I haven't talked with my other friends yet, so I didn't know where they live now. They probably moved apartements by now."

"Hey Juno, did you hear about the suicide of one of the core members of the parlament?"

"Of course, everyone did. It was everywhere in the newspaper. It was revealed that he died from an overdose of drugs. There were already many rumors about him that made him unpopular like that he was already addicted to drugs, corrupt and that he may be a pedophile but those were really just rumors so I didn't care much."

"It raises the question if there are more people like this."

"Maybe, maybe not. Who am I to judge?"

"Yes, you're right. Who are we to judge?"

"If I would be a politician I would raise the pension of this Juno gal. But really do you know where I can find a cheap apartment or something in this direction?"

"How about a roommate?"

"Wait! You mean someone I share my private room and space c'on."

"And I already have the perfect person."

"Who will be it, you?"

"No, once and never again you snorting boar. There is this weird guy who goes to this university near this park. He is too searching for a roommate."

"Hold up, define weird Stamford."

"Well, he isn't a student or a professor. His grades are extraordinary good when the university accepted him. He spends most of the time in the moruge and in the chemistry room and rather abduct dead corpses and watches how the corpse changes when it gets hit by various weapons than learning about medicin. I don't even know why he even went there but there are rumours that he is taking chemicals to make something. Also I was told that he is a magician. Howsoever if you want to see him you should do it now because he won't be approchable if he is in his mood.

"Wait, how did you know so much about him? And what do you mean with his mood?" 

"I keep contact with some professors and they told me about him. Sorry, I have to to go to work now. It was a pleasure talking to you again after such a long time. You will know what I mean if you see him"...

And then he ran off into the distance without even telling me in where the moruge or the chemical room is. Typical for him, always in a hurry and then forgetting the most important stuff...

I went home and changed into civil clothing. What should I excpect from this vague information he gave me? Maybe that he is a psychopathic maniac, a terrorist and a thief. A normal person with common sense would say that what I am doing is crazy but somehow this guy has piqued my interest and so I decided to go visit him. 

It took a while but I finally found the room. I was very surprised as I saw him. He looked nothing like I expected him to look. He wore a lab coat and a brown tweed jacked above it and regular brown pants. It seems like that he was also in civil clothing. He had black hair and brown eyes and had this austere look that John also had but for me he looked like a perfectly normal person except for his height. He was pretty tall and with his hair which is gelled back he even looked very attractive. But as a proffessional doctor with a PhD in medicin I knew that some mentally insane persons can hide their personality pretty good. I had a plan in my mind that I made during the way to the university how I should approach him and how to talk to him to get to know his real intentions - I felt like a detective - until he stood up, took his eyes away from the microscope and began realizing me...

"Hello, you must be Watson nice to meet you. I see that you were from Afghanistan...                      I'm sorry, you must  be Dr. Watson. You were medical doctor during the Afghan War and were sent back because of your injury on your left leg. Correct me if I am wrong about it being the calf muscle. You probably returned back to London because you were sick. I guess you got infected by Typhus. And now you are standing here because you were searching for a roommate am I right?"...

I was baffled. He was correct in every single aspect. I was shocked by his accurate answers and my head was spinning  and the only possible thought that was able make in my mind was this one question:

"Who are you?" 

"My name is Sherlock Holmes and it is a pleasure to meet you." he answered my thought.

to be continued...