3. Stuck In My Mind

"Elijah told me that you had a small conversation with each other." he continued and chuckled. "What brings you to New Orleans, brother?"

"My family. I missed my siblings." I smirked.

"Really? You didn't even want see us if I'm correct." he fired back.

I scoffed, "It's really weird, isn't it?. Because when I talked with Elijah, he didn't tell me about this," I uttered. "You didn't invite me brother tonight and that kind of pained me, you know." I said, a fake hurt look on my face.

He chuckled.

"You don't need invitation Kol. I knew that you come. Besides it's your home too. Plus, I don't think the door guy let you in because he sympathised with you." he said in an ironic tone.

"Tsk, you know me too well brother. And what do you mean by it's your home too? You think your words are going to get me emotional?" I laughed.

"It has always been your home, Kol. You were the one who thought i wanted to kill you."

"I have lost the count after all these times the dagger was stabbed in my heart." I hissed, raising the tone of my voice.

"The last time I undaggered you I did it on purpose, not because I wanted to have fun with my serial killer a.k.a brother." he said and I chuckled.

"Thank you for the heartfelt compliment by the way." I rolled my eyes.

"You can return home if you want Kol." he breathed, his tone turning serious.

"And how do I know you wont stab me again?"

"I won't. I want to reunite our family again Kol." he said, taking a step closer. "I know deep inside you find this offer very appealing."

I stood silent for a while. Did he mean what he said? Or was he bluffing? Either way, trusting Klaus was too risky. Surely, I wouldn't hide the fact that I wanted to live again in that place, especially with my siblings. But, how could I trust them? The betrayal and backstabbing wouldn't be erased from my memory that easily and more importantly, there was always a chance for them to repeat the past.

"I know you have doubts, but think about it brother, he said, determination filling his eyes. "We will be powerful. All the Mikealsons together. We will take our city back." he looked me straight in the eyes, settling his hand on my shoulder.

I smirked. Oh screw it. Why the hell not?

"You know I'm a thrill seeker, Nik. I can't control myself when it comes to having fun with my siblings." I replied and slowly, a big grin crept across his face as he wrapped his arms around me, smacking my back.

"Welcome back brother."

I wasn't an idiot. Of course I wouldn't trust Klaus that easily and just agreed with the whole, "family reunion thing". After all, let's not forget how those reunions always ended up with someone being daggered in a coffin for the following decades. I wasn't planning to spend more time in those creepy coffins anymore.

I walked back inside with Nik right next to me. I noticed my little sister staring at us and smiled. Klaus smiled at her too. She slipped through the crowd as she ran towards us when, eventually she reached us, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Welcome home Kol." she breathed.

"Hello little sister." I whispered in her ear and smirked.

I looked around, searching for the little witch. Where did she go? I had the urge to go and look for her but I quickly pushed the thought in the back of my mind. I wasn't done with her. No. It's extremely rare for someone to actually catch my attention and this girl... oh well, let's just say I am I red her courage.