𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙚

"I want to hear what she has to say." the man mumbles stumbling on his words, he still hasn't let go, petty was he, wanting a louder apology when he was the one who wasn't careful of where he was going in the first place.

from the shoulder's grasp, the man had brought his hand to mina's, escaping jimin's grip. but before he could even, jimin's was already there. he clutches lightly, mina's left hand, leaving her startled. his hands to her palms, and her behind him. "speak up more, dumb bitch."

instead of being afraid, mina felt somewhat safe. although the flurry of blame prevailed in her mind again. shrink even more she does and humiliated she felt.. what more can one do if put pressure on the spot and nothing but a breath of silence come out your mouth? 

the man gave up as the other remaining student had their phone ready, and a warning told- leaving him unsettled which ultimately led to his quick departure out the cafe. jimin's stern stare didn't help either.

jimin turns to the agitated girl, "are you okay?", mina nods. the man's actions didn't take effect on her – only alarming her since jimin was already there to her rescue. it was his words that caught mina off the hook.

"speak up more."

no matter how much courage she musters, and how loud she wants her voice to be heard– nothing but a quiet mutter of words come out. in her shell, she always ends up, and the words get tangled up in her tongue and swallowed for no more after.

mina notices her hand that jimin still held. as he was about to be flustered and release his hold, she held it firm.

"thank you," she says, catching his gaze, "for everything I mean." upon a smile, she lets go of his hand. everything meant the entirety of the day. how today seemed like a leap out of her monotonous ordinary life. because of this café- and the people who worked in it– who she was fond and felt taken care of by.

"I feel really content when I'm here," she adds, a random statement it had been for jimin and tzuyu to hear, but a pleasure it was for mina to get out of her mind. to her, everything aligned, and that's what mattered.

—☕︎︎—

"what courses are you taking?" jimin asked as he wipes the nearby table. it was only the three left.

"i'm taking. . arts, year 2.". mina replies a bit feverish. her water tasted odd. "i'm in arts too, same year!" jimin chuckled, how small the world really is.

"I major in contemporary dance, you?"

"I take visual arts. . though I'm not so invested in it. . at least, anymore." it was the first she opened up to someone about this. truth was that she wasn't having any of it. the whole concept of art being graded and rules that go about it didn't allow her complete freedom– in a sense that, she may look at her art piece pretty– yet her professor would turn to her and say they didn't like her piece at all. what she may consider art, might have not been art to someone else. sometimes it fuels her motivation, other times it brings her down.

she wants to be somewhere where she could express her emotions freely, where even scoring a low grade didn't matter as long as she was able to express it with freedom. visual arts didn't speak as much to her.

and her professor who pressured her, instead of instilling a positive impact or stimulation, did quite the opposite to mina.

"have you considered switching?" jimin leans on the broom he held, his chin atop the stick. "what else were you considering majoring in?"