𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙦

the walk to the dorm building wasn't too far, except, to jimin it felt long, with mina who slept soundly on his back. he was acquainted with physical contact and it was the norm for him to give hugs. but this was a tad different, brazenly he admits to himself that he was holding someone that had been distant yet near to his heart. distant, for he knows little of her, near for she has infatuated him since.

however superficial his admiration for her be, was an even deeper longing and attachment, or what we call- love, possible to blossom between the two?

love was in the distant future. for now, jimin only focused on getting to know her entirely. simply beings friends was what he aimed for, and what was enough at the moment.

it was silent before a couple of blocks were left to take. tzuyu's phone buzzed and when she answered it, she had to take it away from her ear considering how slightly loud the caller had spoken.

it was from her close friend, jungkook who was in desperate need of letting in because he's waited long outside by the window of her dorm.

"all the explaining is up to you chim," tzuyu says as she passes him mina's bag. jimin already knew what to say so he didn't further complain.

"you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend tzuyu?"

she looks at him almost offensively,- "he's only a best friend, jimin!! PFFT like hell he would." tzuyu laughed as she bid jimin a goodbye.  jimin only ever met jungkook once but at first glance, you could already tell how close the two were.

a girl of a shorter height had been in front of the building dorm when he arrived. she looked at him with doe troubled eyes. "I work with tzuyu who called, she just left minutes ago." chaeyoung eyed him suspiciously seeing mina unconscious on his back, "mina's okay, it's shocking honestly, someone spiked her drink at the cafe," jimin spoke in a calm manner, chaeyoung felt that he wasn't lying but the story seemed fishy.

"i'm jimin by the way!" he smiles at her as chaeyoung cautiously peels mina from him, "I have and had no intentions of doing anything to her. I wanted her to get home safely, and it was out of my control that a drunken man spiked her drink.. I know it's odd coming from a cafe! but I did what i could to make sure she was okay.." chaeyoung's expression softens, she was thankful her friend was in her arms safely, she would have to ask mina what happened once she awakens. jimin bowed to chaeyoung one last time,

"I'm sorry, we could have avoided this." he gives her mina's bag, which chaeyoung checks and sees that all her belongings were there. her laptop, and such.

"will you be able to manage?" he asks out of consideration, chaeyoung nods, mina was still sound asleep, her head nestled on her neck. "thank you." it was hard to believe that a student she hasn't encountered before appears and drops her friend off, out of a strange context. but she just witnessed the guy's gentleness, and how reassuring he spoke.

as the figure disappears in the distance, chaeyoung while dragging mina to the elevator says, "hmm, minari." she puts a strand of fallen hair behind mina's ear, " who is he?"

the dorm was filled with dramatic gasps and gossips. mina didn't budge but later woke up when the other girls were asleep. early morning it was and at the movement of chaeyoung's roommate, she peeks from her bed.

"mina?" she calls out as she opens the lamp. sitting straight, it was apparent that mina was still disoriented, unable to think clearly .

with a glass of water delivered to her quickly, chaeyoung returns and huddles beside her. chaeyoung was evidently the closest to mina. a friend of four years, whom she trusts more out of her other roommates whom she met two years ago.