1

I sighed heavily as I put my pen down on the desk. Since five in the morning I have been doing paperwork and it's exhausting. I got up from my desk and walked out of my office. Ever since the symbol of peace retired things changed. Eri was part of my big plan on how to get rid of quirks, but as I thought of Eri...I felt something missing in my life. 'Maybe I should adopt a child?' I froze as I thought of that idea. A child? Why would I want to think of that? I continued to walk through the halls and found Chrono. I took off my coat and plauge mask. "Are you going out Overhaul?" Chrono asked. I nodded and he decided to follow me after he took off his coat and mask.
As we walked I began to wonder back on the idea I had before. 'A child? A quirkless one or one with a quirk? Boy or a girl?' I looked up as I heard children playing. I looked to my right and saw we were next to an orphanage. Many children playing in the backyard of the orphanage. As I scanned through the children one caught my eye. It was a little girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair, bright yet dull (e/c)  eyes, and she wore a black t-shirt with gray overalls. She seemed to be alone and she was reading a book a bit more advanced than an average five year old should. "Ov- Kai are you alright?" I turned back to Chrono and looked back to the little girl. Without saying anything I walked into the orphanage.
"Hello! My name is Robin. Are you here to adopt a child?" "Yes." I said which surprised Chrono a bit. "Well I'm glad to hear! Come with me to my office. I'll show you the details about every child we have." I followed her and tried my best to contain myself for not making rude remarks about the filthy orphanage or her. I looked outside the window that she had and found the little girl. "What's her name?" I asked pointing her out. "Hmm? Oh that's (Y/n), she's five years old and sadly doesn't have a quirk." Her voice sounded less cheerful and bitter as she spoke about the child. 'She's judging her because she doesn't have a quirk? At least the little girl doesn't have a sickness.' I furrowed my eyebrows slightly but relaxed a bit. "I like to adopt (Y/n)." I said while giving the woman a glare. She back up a bit but nodded. I did the paperwork and she went to inform (Y/n). "I...I didn't know you wanted another child." Chrono said while looking around the place. I hummed, "I just felt like it..." I said.
- (Y/n) POV-
I was reading my book until the witch came up to me. "(Y/n) please come with me." I raised brow since her voice sounded scared. I closed my book and followed her. "You have been adopted today by some really nice men. Go pack your stuff and meet at the common room." I nodded and left to go get my stuff. 'Strange...only kids with quirks get out of here. Why did they want me?' I grabbed my bag and plush toy.

I don't own this

I don't own this

I walked down to the common room and stood by the witch. "(Y/n) this is Kai Chisaki and Hari Kurono. You are going home with them." I looked up at them and they seemed....interesting. Mr. Chisaki had a mouth mask on and he wore gloves on his hands. 'Germaphobe?' I nodded and walked up to them. We began to walk out and I held tightly to my doll. "Thank you again!" The witch said before slamming the door. 'Okay....? What now?' I never been adopted and I only know we go to our new home. As we began to walk I looked around the things that surrounded us.

- Kai POV-
I looked down at (Y/n) who just looked around mesmerized. It was like she never been outside much. It was silent on the walk home but it was comfortable. I didn't know what to do since I wasn't a good at this. I looked around and tried to find a family that would give me some idea. I then saw a man hold onto his child's hand. I looked back down at her. "Would you like me to hold your hand?" I asked. She looked up at me then my hand. She moved her hand up and grabbed one of my gloved fingers. Her hand was tiny and it looked soft. 'At least I'm making progress.' I thought.
When we arrived at the base she looked surprised by how big it was. "We live with other people so don't be afraid of the others." I informed her. She nodded and we walked inside. She seemed curious as we walked down to the actual base. We walked in and everyone of the eight bullets were in there. "Hey Overjerk is back!" Rappa yelled. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. "Everyone this is (Y/n), my daughter. Some of you will babysit her while I'm at work. Understood?" "Yes boss." They responded. I nodded and took (Y/n) in the center of the room. She looked a bit nervous but kept her cool.
- (Y/n) POV-
I looked up at the men that surrounded me and Mr. Chisaki. "Hello (Y/n), my name is Shin Nemoto." "Toya Setsuno." "Yu Hojo." "Kendo Rappa!" "Soramitsu Tabe." "Hekiji Tengai." I nodded and looked at the man who was passed out. "That's Deidoro Sakaki. Don't be around him tok much." Nemoto said. I nodded and sat on the couch. "Hey watch it kid!" I jumped and moved away. "Mimic be nice." Chisaki ordered. Mimic grumbled a sorry and jumped down. "Setsuno and the rest will take care of you until I'm done with work." I watched Chisaki leave with Kurono, Mimic, and Nemoto. I sat there looking around the place. The others looked at each other hoping to find something to do with me. 'These people have no experience with children. What does Chisaki do for his job? Okay so far Chisaki seems strict and cold but it's different around me. Kurono is quiet most of the time and seems to have a calm mood. Nemoto so far has manners and kind I guess. Setsuno seems to be like a child type of guy and he's chill. Rappa is loud and Chisaki doesn't seem to like him much. Tengai seems to be the most calm out of everyone but he seems like Rappa's babysitter. Tabe...he's okay I guess. He doesn't seem to talk much. Hojo seems serious all the time like Chisaki. Mimic has anger issues from what I can tell. Sakaki...I guess he's an alcoholic.' I thought. I looked down at my doll and fixed her up a bit. "That's a pretty doll. What's her name?" Setsuno asked. I looked up at him but looked back down. "Stitch." I said quietly. "That's an interesting name. Why?" He asked. "I have to stitch her back up when the mean kids tore her apart." I said holding her up. "Oh..." there was an awkward moment until Tengai asked a question. "What's your favorite thing to do?" "Reading." I took out my book and showed it to him. "The Body in the Woods?" I nodded and began to read where I left off. "It's a murder mystery book." I said before leaving reality.
- Setsuno POV-
She began to read and stood quiet as a mouse. "Well she's certainly a quiet one." Hojo said. I nodded and looked at her flipped through the pages. 'She can really read fast. I wonder how many books she'd read?' The rest of us just sat around talking to one another until Overhaul came in.
- Kai POV-
I walked in to see the eight bullets chatting and (Y/n) reading. "(Y/n)." I called to her. Her body jumped a bit when she noticed my presence. She blinked a couple of times before turning to me. "Yes?" She asked quietly. That was the first time I heard her voice. It sounded soft and quiet like a warm breeze. "It's time to eat dinner. After that we'll show you to your room." She nodded and took my gloved finger.
After we ate dinner she seemed to enjoy the food. Me and Chrono walked her to her room. "This is your room. Mine is next to yours just in case if something happens." "Okay." We walked in and of course it was a bit empty. "Nemoto will go out with you tomorrow to go buy you some clothes and additional items you would want." She hummed and took off her shoes. She took our an oversize t-shirt that looked dirty. "Um let's get rid of this filthy item. We like to keep things clean here." Chrono said while taking the shirt away from her. "Oh...sorry." she apologized. "Here you can change into this in the bathroom." Chrono took her to the bathroom and gave her a clean oversize t-shirt. She nodded and went in to go change. "I'll get rid of this." Chrono walked out and probably went to go burn the filthy shirt. 'For such a pure child she had to wear such dirty clothes.' I thought. She came out and got on the bed. She covered herself and began to sleep. "Good night (y/n)." I said. She nodded and turned over to the small desk. I walked out and went back to my office. 'She's certainly is a quiet one and seems to be very distant.' I thought as I went back to work.