Chapter 1: Steamed Toast

Author's Note: So, I forgot to mention in the last part where this story will have slow updates, not by choice. So, I apologize if you dislike that. Also, I'm not going straight into the action yet for this story because I would like the characters to enjoy the peace for a little bit before Zombotany strikes. So, a few chapters will be nothing more than humorous, wholesome, character developing, and/or relaxing. Yes, this chapter is a parody of a parody. I'll explain it at the end of this chapter. Enjoy!

3rd Person P.O.V.

[Doorbell]

The door opens.

(Rose) Hello, All-Star.

(All-Star) Good day, Rose.

(Rose) I brought the tea.

(All-Star) Good.

She floats to the table and slowly descends to a chair while All-Star went to the kitchen to check the oven. It was on fire.

(All-Star) Ahh!

He opens the oven to see that the roast was burnt to a crisp.

(All-Star) Oh, no! The roast is ruined!

He looks out the window to see the place where a goat serves burgers to zombies.

(All-Star) But I could get something from the goat.

He goes to the window to open it and step out. But as his foot was close the the opened window, the door opens.

(Rose) All-Star?

(All-Star) Oh, Rose! It's... time to dance! On the window!

He starts to dance in a freeflow fashion to draw away the suspicion of him going out the window. Rose's attention went to the oven which has steam coming out of it.

(Rose) I do believe your oven has burst into flames.

(All-Star) Uh, no... It's steam from the steamed roast.

The oven door opens but he quickly closed the door with his leg.

(All-Star) Ha!

Rose looked at him with concern but she turns around and floats back into the other room to wait for him to bring out the "steamed roast".

(All-Star) Whew...

He goes out the window and runs to the burger restaurant.

5 minutes later

All-Star returns to the room with a few burgers on a platter.

(All-Star) As promised, I have brought steamed toast.

(Rose) What? You said steamed roast.

(All-Star) Oh, no, I said steamed toast.

(Rose) You call a hamburger steamed toast?

(All-Star) Yes... It's a zombie custom...

(Rose) Well, David normally calls it a burger.

He sits down and takes a sip of her tea that she had poured into a teacup for him. She uses a knife to cut a small portion out of the "steamed toast" and used fork to pick it up so she can take a bite out of it.

(Rose) (gulps) You know, this tastes like the hamburgers that the goat sells at the restaurant not too far from here.

(All-Star) Oh, no. I promise you, it's my steamed toast.

It went into an awkward silence before she spoke again.

(Rose) Your steamed toast?

(All-Star) Yes.

(Rose) And you call it steamed toast, when it is clearly a hamburger that has been grilled.

(All-Star) I... it's...

He smelled smoke.

(All-Star) Wait for a moment.

She takes a sip of tea while he goes into the kitchen. He quickly comes back out with some smoke following him into the room.

(All-Star) Well, I'm full.

(Rose) Well, I'm going to--

She noticed the smoke from the kitchen.

(Rose) Good lord! What is happening in there?

(All-Star) Aurora Borealis.

(Rose) Au- Aurora Borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely in your kitchen?

(All-Star) Yes.

(Rose) ...May I see it?

(All-Star) No thank you, I'm afraid it is time for you to go. I'm sure you have things to do.

(Rose) I'm afraid you're right. I have an appointment not too long from now.

They both went outside at front porch.

(Rose) Well, All-Star you're an odd zombie but your steamed toast is excellent.

She starts to leave. Unbeknownst to her a fire was brewing inside the house. She can smell the smoke and she turns around to see if there was a fire. All-Star was still on the front porch, waving her goodbye and she finally leaves.

As soon as she was out of sight, he quickly goes back inside to find a fire extinguisher.

End of Chapter 1

Author's Note: So, if you didn't know what the parody was, it is Steamed Hams. But part of it was also from Steamed Toast which is a parody of Steamed Hams.

Here are both videos: