||17||

"Oh and Yuzuha and Shoichi are engaged now," I told Hajime with a large smile as we sat together on the almost empty train, "they're planning to get married next year in the spring so they can have a cherry blossom wedding."

"That sounds like fun," he nodded, "it'll be beautiful."

I silently hummed in agreement.

"Shoichi will probably invite you and Toru so be prepared for when he pops up randomly and gives you an invitation," I warned, he let out a small chuckle.

"I can't wait," he said as the train pulled to a slowing stop, "come on. This is our stop."

Nodding, I stand up and follow him off the train, we walked through the streets until we reached a gym.

He looked at his watch.

"He should still be practicing," he told me, "let's go in and watch for a bit."

"Lead the way," I gestured for him to go first and he grabbed the door, holding it for me and then lead me through the building. We ended up in a gym that echoed the sound of squeaking volleyball shoes against the wooden floorboards. 

I smiled as I watched Toru fly above the net and spike down the ball.

I got an idea and quickly walked over to the person tossing the ball for him.

"Hey, I want to surprise Toru, do you mind if I do this?" I asked, gesturing to the ball.

He stared at me before his eyes widened in some kind of faint recognition. Do I know him?

"Sure," he grinned and passed me the ball.

"Next toss!" Toru called.

"Sure thing, coming right up," I called back, Toru froze for a moment, so did the rest of the gym. I mean-- hey, it's a gym filled with guys, suddenly there's a girls voice? I'd probably be confused if I were them too.

"Now that doesn't seem right," Toru massaged his ears, "did Iwa-chan hit me too many times with the ball that I've begun hallucinating?"

Hajime appeared by my side and carefully plucked the ball out of my hands before tossing it at Toru's head.

"Ow-- not even my mother hits me-- Iwa-chan?" Toru turned around, his gaze met Hajime who was once again holding the ball after it bounced off Toru's head and then his gaze slowly but surely moved to me.

"Yo!" I raised a hand in greeting, before walking forward, "it's been a while, huh?"

I stopped in front of him and smiled. He raised a brow at me before reaching out and pinching my cheeks.

"hey, Iwa-chan, this look alike is amazing. Pretty much identical. Where'd you find her?"

He doesn't believe it's me.

Fuck you Roselyn, I'm going to do this.

I grabbed the front of his shirt, pulled him down and smashed our lips together. He was clearly surprised but kissed back before I pulled away.

"I lived bitch," I said.

He coughed for a moment before stepping back, clutching his sides as he laughed. He laughed and laughed and laughed until he finally paused to wipe a tear from the corner of his eyes.

"Y-y-y/n?" his smile cracked as I watched as tears slipped down his cheeks, "yo-you're here, right? T-this isn't just some kind of prank, r-right? You're really h-here?"

His hands went to my cheeks as I smiled.

"I-- hold on," he backed up a few paces and looked me up and down before covering his eyes and crouching down, "I'm dreaming, right? That's why all my spikes are so damn perfect today too. That can be the only excuse."