CHAPTER 1- "May he rest in peace."

Noah gasped in horror at what he had done. "Oh my God!" He felt someone pick his wrist up and slam something on it.

He looked down and saw that the black cuff was there. He looked up and saw Sebastian, Pierre, and Joanne.

"Wha-- what are you doing?"

"Prince Noah, you are under arrest for the murder of Mike, The Savior and attempted murder of Jermey," Sebastian said.

"Sebastian, stop!" Natalie said.

"Enough, Princess!" Joanne said, putting her hand up. "We gave you a week to come up with a solution and you have failed. Now we must take matters into our hands. She looked back at Noah. "Prince Noah, you have the right to remain silent and anything that you say can be used against you on your charges."

Pierre threw a bean and a portal opened. The three of them walked through with Noah in handcuffs.

"No, Noah!" she said, trying to run after him, but Justin held her behind.

Just as the portal was about to close, Dream flew by and wrapped her wings around her body and spun into the closing portal.

"Dream is going to look after him," Justin said.

"No," she sobbed. She started running back to the castle.

She ran back to her room and locked the door. She put her back against the door and slid down with her knees curled up to her chest and sobbed.

* * *

One week ago...

"Guys, I need to get to the Realm of the Saviors. We are having a meeting about Noah's arrival." Natalie said, to her siblings.

Noah nodded his head understanding. They were having a picnic lunch and Noah had just finished answering Carter and Tosia's questions about The Darkness and now they were talking about the funny birthday party Tosia's friends had thrown for her the year before.

"Okay," Noah said. "But tell them no kitchen."

"Any ideas on what you want to do?" she asked.

"I would love to do beds and clean up rooms."

"Okay. I'll let them know."

"Great! Thank you."

She opened a portal and went through. She came to the other side to the throne room. The other Saviors were sitting in the chairs at the round table. There were twenty-one chairs. The twenty-first chair which was Noah's chair was the biggest. Natalie had the second biggest. There were twenty-one symbols on shields hanging on the back of the chairs. If the chair was empty, the shield was removed and placed on the table in front of the chair.

Natalie took her place behind the second biggest chair that had a symbol of light and dark. Next to her was Dream who had a symbol of a star and the empty in between them was of life and death.

"Are we ready?" she asked.

No one said anything, but they all nodded their heads.

She walked over to Mike's chairs and took the shield off and placed it on the table. The shield was a picture of a dragon symbolizing power.

"May he rest in peace," she said. She walked back to her chair and sat down. "Kayley, could you please start today's meeting and tell us what we are really here about?"

"Last night was the night Prince Noah was resurrected. This morning Mike, the Savior was found dead, in his shared room with Sebastian. After this scene, Princess Dream told us the depths of Prince Noah's powers and what may happen if he does not get his powers and emotions under control. If he hurts anyone, he will be charged with attempted murder and the murder of Mike. This is the decision that we came to before you and Princess Dream arrived."

"Dream do you have any solutions if Noah spirals?" Natalie asked her.

"Yes. If he starts to spiral, I will put the cuff on him and put him to sleep for a few days. His mind has been closed off and his magic is protecting him. If he continues how he is, I will have to put the cuff on him to protect him. These measures will take place before he hurts someone."

She nodded. "Thank you. Noah is not responsible for Mike's death. Dream has seen two paths that could've been taken if Noah did or didn't come back. We already know one of the paths, but the second one, if he did not come back, I would've been the one to commit suicide."

Dream took her hand for comfort.

"Do you have any paths that could be taken in the future?" Joanne asked Dream.

"I see two paths. In one, Noah hurts someone and in the second, he doesn't."

"Princess Natalie, we will give you one week to get Noah under control or he will be locked up under murder."

* * *

Present day...

"Nat?" Audrey asked, knocking on the door. "Please open the door."

She stood up and opened the door to see both of her mothers there. She sighed and wiped away her tears. She looked back at them sadly and gestured for them to come into the room.

They walked in and Rose shut the door.

"What happened, sweetie?" Audrey asked.

She sat on her bed and her mothers sat on either side of them.

"Last week, when Mike killed himself, the Saviors and I had a meeting about what was going to happen. We all knew that Noah wouldn't get better, so they gave me a week to get him under control and if he hurt someone, he would be arrested for the murder of Mike and any other person who he hurt."

"What happened tonight?" Rose asked.

"He was awake the first time and asleep the second time. He must've had a nightmare or something because he was on top of Annie with both of his hands around her neck and squeezing. I don't know the whole story, but she ran out of her room and into mine. She was screaming at him to get away from her. So I took Noah downstairs and he cried. He's so scared. Last night was the most scared I've ever seen him in my and Jess's entire life. Justin watched Annie until she fell asleep to make sure she was okay. I took him back to my room and he slept with me and Justin came in later.

"Noah must've been so scared that he was sleepwalking. He went down to the village and nearly killed a man."

"We heard about that. His name's Jermy. His family came to the castle shortly after you came back. They want to sue Noah and have a murder trial for him against the Saviors." Audrey said.

"Dream came back about an hour ago and the Saviors are the ones that suggested it to the kingdom. They want the trial. Snow and David can't say no, but they are trying to negotiate with the Saviors to let Noah come back." Rose said.

"What are they saying?"

"They want the trial and for someone to be the judge who will not take sides."

"I know what they want," she said.

"I'll be back soon." She opened a portal and walked through.

To see what happens next, be sure to read the second novella, "The Devil's Court", coming December 2020.