Chaper 4

*Achille does not belong to me, she is the sole property of InkedAlpha on Tiktok.*

Angel put her head in her hands as the door clicked shut. Her past was coming back to haunt her and she growled in annoyance. She gripped her hair some and lifted her head, looking at the folder. She pulled it towards her and opened it. There was a picture of a somewhat young man looking back at her and she read the file notes, there weren't many. "James Young, age thirty four. Species, Hybrid." Angel growled lightly, a hybrid. She had only ever encoutered two. The scar on her back telling the story, she had nearly lost her life with that one. 'No wonder they called me in.' She closed the folder and sat back in her chair, steepling her fingers, thinking.

She was roused from her thoughts as her phone vibrated on the desk, next to the folder. She grabbed it and put her pass code in, seeing a number she didn't recognize. She looked at the number then the message. 'Just thought I'd check on you, you seemed a little pissed when you left the coffee shop.' She smiled slightly, Agmos. She responded to him, 'Yeah, im good, just had some business to take care of' She looked back at the folder and then back at her phone, thinking and then grabbed it. 'Do you wanna get drinks tonight? I know of a place close by that has a good selection.'

Her phone buzzed and she looked down at it, smiling, 'Sure.' She smiled and locked her phone, grabbing it off the desk and the folder and headed out of her office, turning off the lights and locking the door. She headed back outside to her bike and put the folder in her saddle bag before heading home. Agmos smiled to himself, sitting on the back of his Harley, the wind whipping his long hair to the side. He slipped his phone back in his pocket, heading out of the parking lot. This was gonna be fun. He headed out of town towards a large home on a hill, he headed up the drive, pulling into the garage, next to a jet black sixty nine charger. He cut the bike and slid off, his black spiked jacket jingling some as he headed inside.

Agmos headed up to his study, sitting down behind the desk and thought to himself, 'Who is this woman, she has no fear and carries herself like she can kick ass and take names.' He leaned back in his chair, running his right hand through his hair as a woman came into the study. "You weren't gone long." He rolled his eyes, "Not like you to worry about me Achille." She shrugged her shoulders, sitting down near the fireplace, watching him. She had long dark hair and wore a kimono over a corset and a pair of dark ripped jeans. She watched him, there was something on his mind, but she could figure out what. He was gone almost all night the night before and now this.

She stood from the chair and left him to his thoughts, closing the study door behind her as she left. Angel was in her living room, looking over the file again of the hybrid. She sighed gently and grabbed her phone, unlocking it and hit a number she knew by heart. He picked up on the first ring, "Have you made a decision my dear?" She growled softly, "On two conditions. First, the money is to be put into my account immediately. Second, since this is such a high risk case, you know what I need." Damien nodded, "It will be there within a day. I will send you the information by this evening." She hung up and tossed her phone on the couch next to her and sat back, sighing gently and leaned her head back, pinching the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes.

'Damn it. They know how to pull me back in every time. I swore I was done with this life and now look what its gotten me.' She let her hand fall off her face and opened her eyes. She was gonna need to practice since it has been two years since she had been in the gym. She stood from the couch, grabbing her phone and headed upstairs to grab her work out gear, amoung a few other things. She slid her phone in her pocket and grabbed two cases from under her bed. She put them both on the bed and grabbed a box from the closet and blew the dust off that had accumulated on top, coughing some. She walked out of her closet, putting the box on the bed and opened it. Inside was a black, almost ankle length leather duster.

She pulled it out and laid it on the bed next to the two cases and looked at it. She sighed gently, grabbing the two cases and headed downstairs to her basement where she had a small gym set up. She put the cases on the floor and opened the smaller of the two, pulling out a recurve bow. She checked the string and pulled it back, making sure the limbs hadn't warped while in storage. She grabbed an arrow from the case and checked the tips, careful not to touch it as it was still coated in a special posion that took effect the second the arrow head made contact with skin, causing the victim to become paralyzed and fall into a deep slumber until the antidote was given.

She stood slowly grabbing a practice arrow and notched the arrow, pulling back and focused on her target. She took a breath and let it out, steadying her breathing. She felt the slight shift and everything became hyper focused as she let the arrow fly, it hitting the target downrange with a thunk. She lowered the bow, her eyes now an golden amber color. She smirked, two years she had been out of practice and she still had it. She continued to practice with her bow for about an hour, before setting it down on the small stand she had and looked down at the second case, her heartbeat starting to pick up a bit. She knelt down and unlocked the case, picking up what was inside, out of the insert.

She pulled the leather sheath off and held the sword sword in her hand

She pulled the leather sheath off and held the sword sword in her hand. The sword was solid steel and had a blood groove that went down half of the blade. The handle was wrapped in black leather and the pommel of the sword had a tip that could pierce any armor. She stood slowly, gripping the sword in her hand, rolling it slowly. She went through a move set, some of her hair falling over her face as she finished. She smiled, she had no memory rust what so ever, and for that she was greatful. She grabbed the sheath and slid it back over the blade before putting it back in the case. She looked at the time and cursed, it was already after five. She quickly ran upstairs and showered, getting ready for her date with Agmos.