Chapter 6

Agmos and Angel rode in comfortable silence, she giving him directions on how to get to her house. As they drove it was quiet with the exception of the radio. "I don't get why my mustang wouldn't start, I've had everything replaced and the battery is brand new." She scratched her cheek some. "Maybe whoever worked on it messed something up." Agmos replied. She shook her head, "I'm the only one who touches it. That mustang was my dad's, he taught me how to work on it and fix anything that went wrong with it." Agmos nodded, a car behind them catching his attention. It was following behind them extremely closely, almost on the bumper.

Agmos sped up, thinking it was just an impatient driver, but the driver sped up as well, staying on the bumper. He growled softly, Angel looking in the side mirror and then turned around in her seat to look out the back window. She couldn't tell the make of the vehicle and that made her a bit uneasy. She turned back around as Agmos hit the gas, speeding up again, starting to weave in and out of traffic to try and lose the vehicle. As Agmos did that, Angel got a glimpse of the car, it was a large black SUV. She swallowed, her adrenaline starting to spike some and she felt the change start, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to will herself to calm down. She opened her eyes after a moment and everything was less sharp and hyper focused.

Agmos growled under his breath as the SUV was still on them. He wove through the traffic hoping to lose them, seeing a slight traffic jam ahead of them and cursed under his breath. He saw and opening in the traffic for a moment and took it, cutting off an older vehicle as he sped off. Angel looked behind them again, seeing there was a much more sizeable amount of space between them and the SUV now and she breathed a sigh of relief. Agmos heard her sigh but said nothing, turning when she told him to.

About twenty minutes later they pulled into her neighborhood, Angel nodding to the last house on the corner. He pulled into the driveway and cut the engine, she unlocked the door and went to open it when Agmos stopped her, not having taken his eyes off the house. "Do you have room mates?" She looked at him, a puzzled look on her face. "Huh?" "Do you have room mates?" He asked again and she shook her head, "No, I live by myself, why?" He quickly locked the door and started the car, "There is someone upstairs." Angel paled, looking at her house before seeing a shadow pass across the window of the upstairs bedroom.....her room. Agmos quickly backed out of the driveway and floored it down the road, he knew what had happened earlier wasn't coincidence.

He quickly got back on the highway, heading out of town, "I knew what happened earlier wasn't coincidence, someone is after you...." She swallowed hard, not saying anything. "W....where are we going?" He looked at her before turning his focus back on the road, "You can crash with me tonight." About fourth five minutes later they pulled up to a large Victorian style mansion and her mouth went dry. The mansion had been on the market for years until about a six months ago when it was mysteriously bought. "You live here?!" He chuckled, hitting a garage door opener on his visor, pulling inside the large three and a half car garage and shut the car off, closing it with another press of the button. He opened his door and stepped out, Angel doing the same as the door to the house opened, and a tall.....male figure stood in the doorway.