Chapter 8

(tw: neglect to a child)

(Tw starts)

Knocking.

"Mom?....mom!?"

Knocking.

"Mom!? Come on, open the door!"

The kid had short cut, dark brown hair and he wore a navy blue school shirt, khakis with dark red tennie shoes.

The kid looked like they were in the second grade.

"Mom this isn't funny come on open the door!"

The kid had came back form school about an hour ago.

Tears pricked at their eyes while their tiny voice started to crack as well.

They looked around.

No one was out.

How convenient.

They looked to the plastic chairs that stood on the very small "porch".

Knocking.

No answer.

"Mom? Mom!?...MOM!?"

More tears started to prick at the small child's eyes as they whisper through their cracking voice,"come on mom... please open up. It's not funny...where are you?"

Their mother didn't have a job, neither did she have a partner and her car was home so where was she?

Then after a few more minutes of calling for their mother the locked of the door started to move and click.

Then a woman who looked like a disaster opened the door looking at her child in shock as she opened the door wide so her child could go in.

"Oh my goodness...Bryan I- how long were you out their?"

"Really long...you would open the door or answer and no one was out side so I couldn't ask for help..."

The kid now had small tears rolling down his face as he explained to his mother what was happening.

"Mom, what were you doing? Why didn't you answer the door?"

"Oh darling mommy was uh- taking a nap"she said as he held her child close in a hug.

This wasn't the first time Bryan had been locked out of his house on accident by his mother.

His mother and him moved to go to his room to talk about what happened in their day.

And as he walked near his room with his mother he saw her purse on her bed and everything that was once in it, looked like it was hurriedly scattered on her bed but something that confused him at the time was when he saw that there were-

                            __•°•°•°•__

(Tw over)

Bryan woke up again with a start.

He was shaking and tears were rolling down his face so fast it was rediculace.

"Not this again..."

Bryan had another flashback to his childhood, or what someone would call a childhood.

He looked to his left and saw that the digital clock flashed the numbers 3:15 in bright red.

Bryan was used to this. He was used to waking up with tears rolling down his face, shacking as his heart also raced while being scared in the near crack of dawn.