Chapter 16

Tw: langue warning

i literally forgot to publish this chapter a year ago lmao any way take this old ass thing edited by older me

------

Bryan carefully raised his head above his knees, which had appeared to be almost glued his chest by how close they were, for his arms were wrapped around his body seemingly protecting  it from harm.

He stared back to the void, which didn't beckon to him though nor did it reject him, it had simply engulfed him in its entirety. he had been here for what seemed to be at least an hour, he didn't know how long to be exact. but he estimated it based on the loud clock that counted every second with a click.

Afton had lied to him.

Bryan understood now. Afton knew how gullible he had been due to the immense amounts of stress building up, Afton knew Bryan would trust any helping hand for he was too desperate. So Afton did what he had to in-order to get what he wanted, he played the good guy for a vessel. Afton lied to him by telling him he could only possess a body for about twenty minutes at his max, he lied. he had wanted Bryan to be unaware of any threats.

After a few more clicks from the clock, a heavy noise played out through the hollowed out place he had been trapped in. Being too exhausted by his emotions he didn't look up, though that didn't last for long, as the things shouts quickly caught his attention.

But it wasn't a thing for it was a lady, a woman in her late thirties it seemed she puffed her chest out as she got ready to start screaming at the blacked out sky that had no depth too it that could be seen.

"GIVE THE DAMN BOY HIS BODY BACK, YOU REMI THE RAT BASTARD! NO WONDER I DIDN'T WANT THE KIDS NEAR YOU!" 

It was Mrs. Louis.

She slowly walked near Bryan 's spot and plopped her self near him as she huffed out another frustrated sigh before facing the twenty six year old near her and spoke softy as though she was coaxing a child back to sleep after a night mare.

"I tried to get your body back back, but he simply refused so much to the point that my time in the over world had ran so low, this stupid place threw me back in here."

Bryan looked back up to her, no more in his huddled up position before responding with pure hate and confusion running like a harsh rapid through his voice, "What in the hells going on?" 

She looked towards him as well, though she didn't have hate in her voice she spoke in a rather more hurt tone., "As you know louis is my last name but the man you know as Afton is my husband- or well as I rather ex-husband, but I had died before I could sign the papers."

This pricked at Bryan's attention again, though he kept his mouth shut, waiting for her to finish.

"He hasn't change, never will- Bryan explain to me the exact last moments you remember before being trapped here." She she spoke through a hastened, matter of fact tone. 

Bryan didn't understand fully his situation but complied anyway for what did he have to lose now? he already lost his whole body. "I remember feeling like I had woken up from the worst hangover I've ever had before my body started to buckle beneath me, I started to vomit the same old oil black substance, then my body started to spasm before I blacked out and then that's it."

"Do u know why this happened?" She questioned, tilting her head a long to the tone of her voice. He simply shook his head 'no' answering her question.

"Well when he noticed that you were coming to, after I presented to you a memory of one of the children's, he pushed your soul back to the void, after your soul kept pushing its way through. Ending in each trying to fight for power over the body which in turn caused all of that. Bryan do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?"

"I.. he- took over my body, because of something you did?" Bryan said in more of a panicked tone then he wanted. 

"He's a man who will always get what he wants no matter the cost. The reason he kept you around and tried his best to keep you out of danger was because he needed a decent body to take over, for he won't let his work rest. And yes this sadly could be because of an error on my end he was hoping would happen sooner than it did which may be why it took such a tole on your soul."

Bryan stayed quiet, as the reality of it all crashing down on him, even if he had given a good guess to it all before it didn't prevent him from being terrified. 

Every single thing Afton would do with Bryans body would be Bryans fault in the end no matter what because it was his body and his body meant that ever single consequences was his responsibility. So if Afton went on another murder streak..

"Wait so what we know he'll do?"

"Well at the moment he's convince that monstrosity in your home that he was you,  he started to apparently 'fix' it, shut the whole thing down to the point that not even I could possess it. So, so far he's disabled the only thing who could help you."

"What about you, huh? are you going to help me?" Bryan asked quickly. He panicked in his voice clear, his heart dropping as he heard her finish her sentence.

"One of my children adore you and look up to you as though you are their brother. I will do what ever I can in my power to help you." She spoke passionately she proving she loved her children dearly.

Bryan was weary though he didn't let it seep through for she was the only thing he had at that moment, and he wasn't about to let the opportunity pass by to escape the treacherous place of an after life.

She stood up gently helping Bryan up as well. She faced him smiled sadly then spoke up. "Firstly we need to understand what his next plan is and what he needs for it, we need to stay ahead of him constantly. so I'm going to need you to tell me everything, and I mean everything, that's he has told you or has done."

Bryan nodded even though he knew she couldn't see him, "Alrighty, I think I can do that. But your going to have to answer a few things for me as well"

"I think we have a compromise, my boy!" She put her hand out for him to shake, to which their hands met and they shook on it, both somehow smiling in the tragedy of the whole moment.

"Well were should we start?"

Words: 1160

Author's note: nun 

i had fun re writing this single chapter tho