Chapter 11

"Home sweet home!"

Bryan was finally let out of the hospital and had been picked up by Jon to be brought home.

"Matches! My sweet baby! how was it without me?" Bryan cooed as the said black cat welcomed him home.

"Matches has grown a lot since I've last seen her." Jon commented as the cat came in to his view.

Bryan was crouched in front of matches in the entrance of the living room and Jon was standing by him. Afton just tagged along silently in the background of it all, Afton was a ghost so there wasn't much he could do either.

Bryan wore a normal white t shirt with jeans, he also had fresh bandages on his arms, the ones on his legs were covered up by the jeans. There were some bandages that coved the huge gash across his chest caused by the explotion but it was all covered by his shirt.

And Jon just wore the same out fit as usual.

"Hey Jon you can just make your self at home I need to go check on something." Bryan said as he started to get up walking towards the kitchen.

Matches gracefully walked towards Jon so that she could be petted since her owner was walking away and she wanted her deserved attention.

When Bryan finally reached the kitchen he looked at matches food and watcher bowl and as he thought, they were both full.

"Thank you for taking care of my cat but I know you're here, there's no point in hiding." Bryan whispered out to the person or thing that had snuck into his house.

"-hey Bryan why'd you name matches- uh well matches?"

"Ill be back just don't scared or kill me, please." And with That Bryan left the kitchen to answer Jon's questions.

Jon was sitting on the couch with matches purring in his lap, Bryan sat next to him reaching his had out to his cat to pet her.

"Well I don't really know. When i first brought her back from the pound
,adopt don't shop, her fur reminded me of ashes but I didn't want her name to be basic so I thought about fire and stuff like that and I came up with matches."

"Oh cool. Hey I'm sorry I couldn't visit you in the hospital a lot."

"Don't worry about it I'm fine, but thank you for visiting. It means a lot that some one at least cares a bit."

"I'll always be here for you, I promise. I know they were never there for you but I'm not them and I will never be them."

They hugged, both trying to comfort the other.

"I'm so sorry I got you stuck in all this.."

"It not your fault."

They both left the hug and went back to petting matches.

Jon spoke up again saying"Why haven't you been fixing your hair or your out fits like you usually did and what's with the contacts?"

"Eh I don't know, I guess it hasn't really crossed mind in a while to do so and I guess I just wanted a change of sorts."

"That makes a bit of sense."

"Oh and Jon your hair being smoothed back makes it look like you have a mullet."

"Wha- I do not have a mullet!"

After they visited for a while, they said their good byes and Jon left.

After Bryan closed the door he slid against it and sat down and yelled,"Come on out he's gone, and don't you even try and act like you aren't here."

After a few seconds the vent that was atchatched to the ceiling down the farther part of the hall started to make noise.

"You need help?"

"No."

The voice was beyond gliched but Bryan was able to here whatever the thing said.

"Alright- uh also I have a ghost friend so if you see some transparent dude in purple floating that's why."

"Okay?"

The vent kept making the same noise
As what ever tried to escape the small place.

But Bryan however stood up and walked to the living room to find his cat who was sitting on the couch next to Afton who just sat near the cat, Even though he could he could just float.

Bryan sat next to them on the floor while Afton spoke.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Oh you know just something that snuck in to the house since we weren't home."

"Ohhhh so the usual weird things?"

"Yeah pretty much..."

"What you do you bet It is?"

"Probably something that wants to kill me."

"Or it could be-"

Afton was cut of by the creature yelling,"who are you talking to?"

"Ooo~ they have a gliched voice like mine." Afton said as he took in what the creature said.

"Yeah but yours is a lot less gliched out then theirs though" after saying that Bryan brought his attention to what the creature said and responded to them," the ghost I told you about!"

Then after rattle after rattle Bryan heard a gliched screamed of pain and thud as he guessed that they had finally got out of the vent.

Bryan carefully stood up and started to walk to go help what ever had been in his house while he was stuck in the hospital, and it seemed Afton tagged along again.

Matches meowed as her owner and the ghost left.

Yeah it turned out she could see Afton too they had figured that out after Afton tried to pet her, he couldn't, but she turned her head and meowed at him.

Events like that had happened so often that they had both just agreed that she could probably see the ghost.

As they walked through the house to get to the hall way they started notice the smell of ashes things.

'be cafeful, please' it was was C.

Bryan was surprised by the kid as he yelled out in pain, again, But he recover from the shock of pain very quickly.

Aww they actually care, that so sweet...

"You okay, Bryan?" Afton asked the younger man.

"Yeah I think I moved to quick again."

As they walked in to the hall and saw who had broke in to his home.

And they were shocked to see who stood in front of them.

Afton was the first who spoke out between the tree as he said,"so you actually survived.."

But as Bryan looked at them with complete shock the only words he could managed to say were,

"You look like hell..."

Words: 1058

Author's note:

Thank you guys for reading so far it means so much to know that you guys actually like my book!!!

Have a good day/night!!