Prologue

"The view is beautiful isn't it, Shoyo? "

A pale woman with bright orange hair said. She looked over the ocean as the sun was setting.

"Yes, it is mommy. "

The small boy, Shoyo, said, standing next to the woman as he held her pale hand.

"Shoyo? "

"Yes? "

The boy answered, looking up at the woman as she stared off into the distance.

"When the time comes, you'll have to let go. "

She said now looking down at her son as she smiled.

"Why? "

"Well dear, like the sun, it must go on.  With or without the moon and earth. It must continue. "

The boy looked up at her as the sun finally set behind the water and the stars brightened up the sky.

"What about when the sun dies? "

He asked. The woman smiles and kneels to the boy's height.

"When it dies, it would be reborn as many other little Suns that light up the sky. "

"Hmm... Maybe I can be there for all the little suns so they can grow big again!"

The boy beamed, looking into the woman's big brown eyes. She sadly smiles as tears slide down her face.

"Like the sun, Shoyo. You will lose those that you hold dear. "

She says looking at the boy's wide honey eyes. Shoyo frowned and wiped away his mother's tears.

"Then I'll be reborn and start over. "

He said. The woman smiled softly and hugged her son before disappearing into a gust of faded orange rose petals and they blew away into the night.

"See you soon. "

The boy said smiling as he looked up at the stary sky curiously.

(Edited 8/10/23)