Ch.9:Dead?

Hinata's POV

After school, we were told practice was canceled. All I've been wanting to do was just play a little. I miss the feeling of playing with everyone and being able to fly. Now I actually do feel like a wingless crow.

I was walking to the school gates when someone called my name. I stopped and turned to see......

'Natsu? '

I dropped my bag and turned fully around with tears filling my eyes as she ran to me. I kneeled and opened my arms to hug her but she ran right through me. I gasped at the action and looked around to see her nowhere.

'W-what was that?'

I sit completely on the ground, resting my arms on my knees as I stared up at the almost orange sky.

'Is she gone? '

I thought.

"Shoyo? "

I continued to stare at the sky. The person came and sat in front of me and tapped my hand. I looked down to see Kenma. I sniffled as he stared at me. I couldn't hold it in anymore so I cried out and threw myself into his arms. With me basically laying on top of him.

We stayed there until I finally stopped. We both got up from the ground and he walked me back to my house. I didn't want to go, but right now I didn't feel like fighting it. When we entered my apartment, it was dark and cold. But more importantly...

'Empty. '

I hugged myself as I stood at the doorway. Kenma turned the lights on and he led me to the bathroom.

"A nice bath will help. "

He said starting it. I nod and start to undress. He put bubbles in the bath that smelt like strawberries. Natsu always smelt like strawberries after a bath. Kenma left to get me a towel and some clothes. I slowly sat in the bath and held my head underwater for quiet and peace.

"Shoyo? "

I look around and see Natsu standing at the side of my bed. I smile a small smile at her.

"Come on, you chicken."

I pat the bed. She smiles and lays next to me. She always got too scared to go to sleep when she had nightmares so I let her sleep with me.

"Shoyo? "

"Hmm? "

"Will you always protect me? "

She asked. I smiled.

"Of course I will, Natsu. "

She hummed.

"Then why are me and dad dead now? "

She asked. I opened my eyes and stared at her.

"What? "

I ask. She sits up next to me and looks at me.

"Why~ am~ I ~ dead~shoyo? ~"

"I-I.. I'm sorry.... "

"Liar."

"You were just too week. "

"It should have been you. "

I burst out of the water and saw Kenma walk in with a towel and clothes. I looked at him and sighed.

"Is she... Is she dead? "

I asked looking down at the water. He looked at me wide-eyed.

"I'm so sorry shoyo. "

He said. I abruptly stood from the bath and grabbed the towel and clothes from his hands. I stomped to my room and threw the basketball shorts and red t-shirt that Kenma picked out. I put on a black sweater and walked down the hallway with Kenma following.

"Shoyo please wait. "

He said. But I continued to walk. I walked out of the house with my bike and I jumped on and started to pedal.

"Shoyo! "

Kenma yelled but I didn't listen. After about 30 mins of pedaling, I ended up a the hospital. I threw my bike down and ran in.

I bolted to the elevator and down the hallway of the 300s. I burst through her room and saw a blanket covering her face. I froze and slowly walked over to her side.

The annoying machines that kept her alive are off. I lifted the blanket to see her pale face. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and another and another. I cupped her face and place my forehead on her cold one.

Her hair wasn't so soft anymore. She didn't smell like those sweet strawberries we always ate. She didn't have the soft skin she always had since she was a baby. I won't be able to kiss her head anymore before school.  I wouldn't get to play with her anymore. I wouldn't get to protect her at night. I... I wouldn't get to see her grow up.

I slid to the floor still hanging onto the bed as I cried.

"Why? "

I whispered.

'Why? '

(Sorry, it's short. And sorry for not updating. 😁)