Ch.4: Practice

Hinata's POV

We both walked to the club room and started changing. Saltyshima and Yamaguchi came in not long after us. Then the second years, then the third years. Me Kageyama, Kinoshita, and Sugawara finished first and started to set things up.

"Shoyo? "

"Hmm?

I respond while picking up the bag of volleyballs.

" Shoyo. "

"What? "

I asked now standing. I turn around and see nothing there.

'What the heck. '

"Over here. "

I turn around and I drop the bag, hearing the balls roll out of it.

"M-mom? "

My voice cracks as I stepped closer. She smiled and nodded. I smiled and jumped at her. She pulled me into her embrace and chuckled.

"I missed you. "

I whisper between sobs. She rubs my back.

"Me too shoyo. Me too. "

We both let go and I look around and see that we're not in the equipment room anymore, but a field with nothing but grass and the sun lightning up the blue sky.

"Why...why are you here? "

I ask looking at her and wiping my tears. She smiles and holds my face in her hands.

"We don't have enough time. "

She slightly frowns.

"Time? For what? "

I ask holding my hands on top of hers.

"There's something coming. You need to be ready for it shoyo. "

She says now with a serious face and she drops her hands.

"Whats coming mom? "

She smiles and then the field turns into a wasteland. The sky turns grey and there's no sign of life.

"Mom? "

I look around then I look back to see my mom again but she's looking down.

"Mom? "

I whisper stepping slowly towards her.

"You shouldn't have done that shoyo. "

She says still looking down. I stop walking and look at her.

"What? "

She looks up with a sinister smile.

"You're not my mom."

I say and step back. She grins and her hair turns black.

"Anna? "

She smiles softly at me.

"Now I have to begin earlier then planned. "

She frowns.

"What.... What do you mean? "

She claps her hands and I end up back in the  equipment room on the floor.

"Hey, are you okay? "

Suga says peeking his head through the door. I rub my head and look around. The balls are out on the floor and there are a few black petals and a few orange petals surrounding me.

"Mom? "

I whisper picking up an orange one. I then jump when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I whip my head around and see a worried Suga. 

"Hey."

I say with a low but happy smile. He smiles with a light pink face as he helps me up. We both start picking up the balls and headed out onto the court again. Everyone else was already changed and putting on the practice jerseys. Kageyama holds out a jersey for me and smirks. I grin and run to snatch it.

Time skip
3rd POV

"Hinata! "

Couch ukai yells across the court. Everyone stops but continues playing as soon as they see the ginger walk towards their coach who's standing by the vice principal. The little crow tilts his head in confusion as he has no idea what's going on, yet his stomach turned into knots, his hands were  in fists as they began to sweat. He stopped in front of his coach who had a sad look along with the vice principal.

"Y-yes? "

He asks as nervous as ever.

"I'm sorry to inform you of this Mr. Hinata but your father and sister were in an accident. Your father didn't make it. There's no news upon your sister."

Hinata froze and stared up at the man as if he was searching for any sign of lying. He burst out laughing causing everyone to stop playing and stare in worry and confusion.

"This is a joke right? "

He laughed. Ukai and the man sadly frowned at the ginger. Hinatas smile dropped.

"I'm sorry. "

The man said once more as he placed his hand on the crows shoulder. Hinata felt the knots in his stomach untangle, his hands lossen their grip and fell to his side, hot tears dripped down his face without notice, the world stopped turning, he heard his name be called before everything became blocked out and he fell to his knees looking straight in front of him. He saw Anna put her finger to her mouth and grinned a sinister smile then disappeared into small black rose petals.

'Why? '