Shadows of Your Past

A few weeks after Sir Pentious's arrival, I woke up to the vibration of my alarm clock, Fat Nuggets nestling into my face. I stretched with a grunt and petted Nuggets with my lower set of arms.

I mumbled to myself before picking up my pet and walking to the vanity. I looked like an absolute mess. Nothing a quick shower and makeup shouldn't fix, however.

When I arrived downstairs, I found Charlie and Vaggie chatting, Nifty dusting some weird painting, and Husker at the bar. "This should be fun," I thought to myself as I strutted over to the bar.

"The hell do you want?" Husker questioned as I leaned against the bar top.

"Well, first, I wanted a cocktail. That is until I noticed you."

Husker groaned at that, "I sell booze here, not sex. Not to mention it's 9 fucking am."

"Oh hun, trust me, I am fully aware of the time."

Another grunt came from Husker as I bent closer on the countertop. I would have kept pestering him (it was fun to see him flustered) if it wasn't for someone new stepping into the hotel.

A small rotund woman walked down the lobby, from her get up she looked straight from the 1920s. She had a pep in her step, and as a performer myself, I can tell by her attitude that she was an entertainer of some sort.

"Welcome to the Happy Hotel! Are you here to check-in?" Charlie squealed.

"Oh no, darling, I am not. I am here to see an old friend of mine. I heard he was staying here."

"Oh, well, if you don't mind, may I give you a tour?" Charlie asked, clearly trying to get this woman to stay.

The lady thought for a moment, "Sure, sweetie. I would love to see what they have been up to after all this time!"

"Well, follow me then!" Charlie seized her hand and began escorting her to the lift.

"Oh, wait! Where are my manners! I am Charlie, the manager of The Happy Hotel!"

"Delightful to meet you, Charlie. I am Mimzy!"

With that, the elevator doors sealed. I turned to Husker with a bewildered look; he shrugged and began polishing some glasses.

Shortly after the girls left, Alastor decided to "grace" us with his presence. "Hello, everyone! Did I miss anything while I was absent?" Al asked as he relaxed on one of the stools.

"Ya, this one chick came in earlier." I took a sip from my cocktail and motioned to the entryway.

"Ya, she said something about meeting an old friend. Her name was like Mimzy, or some shit, probably that Sir Dumbass Bitch-a-lot's friend. Anyway, she went on a tour with Charlie." Husker continued.

"Doll looked straight out of your era too, think you'll like her," I smirked. Alastor didn't take too kindly to that comment; looked rather distraught actually. That monstrous grin on his face wavering, for just a moment, before returning.

He bounced up from his barstool, "Well, Angel, darling, why don't you accompany me to the store with me today?"

"What the hell, why?"

"Well, we need to get you different outfits! How could you possibly be redeemed wearing such obscene attire," his voice sounded slightly nervous.

I looked down at my clothes and frowned as I was wearing a crop top and some long jeans. How was that "obscene"?

I gave him a questioning look before sighing and following Alastor out of the door. How bad could this be?

Alastor leads the way- if I didn't know better, I would say he was trying to get out of the hotel. Of course, I had no idea why. I had one guess though, this time, I feel like it's best to keep my big mouth shut.