Fuck: In French

I collapsed onto the plush couch, my cane despawning into thin air. Two hours, two hours is what it took to heal Angel. An extensive amount of my stamina as well. Not too mention summoning all this equipment from the atmosphere.

"You're like the fairy godmother, 'Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!'" Nifty bellowed, clearly trying to liven up the situation. I didn't understand the reference, but I appreciate the effort.

Now, all we can do is relax. My eyes narrowed in on Valentino, who was speaking to Vox and Velvet. Burning holes into that bald head of his. I know that may sound relatively crude, but I am in no position to think clearly.

Charlie then approached the trio of nitwits and asked them to accompany her outside. I tried to follow after them, but Vaggatha rammed my shoulder back into the chair.

When the four of them entered again, Charlie announced they were staying at the hotel temporarily. I was about to question her authority when she called me outside as well. Like always, being the one who primarily funds this place, she's always looking to me to see if she made the right decision.

However, this time, that was not what this was about.

"Alastor, I know this may come off a bit strong, but," her words trailed off, "are you okay?"

"Fine and dandy as ever, my dear!" I stiffened my smile and whirled my cane.

"How do you feel about Angel?" Charlie recoiled into her shirt, a vain attempt at mimicking a turtle.

"I'm not sure what you mean?"

"Alastor, you've been- you're- you seem different lately. And in a good way! However, after Mimzy's visit a couple of weeks ago, you've improved- You've gotten better at expressing- Do you like Angel?"

That last part made my world both stop and spin at the same time.

"Pardon?"

"It's just- While Mimzy has seemed to be the start to all this, you seem to have been spending the most 'quality time,'" she did a quotation motion, "Angel. And- As the owner of this hotel, I must make sure that all clients and staff are in the best physical and mental state! So, I must ask, is there something you had like to tell me."

I was astonished for sure; the feeling was not welcome.

"Dear, I assure you, all Mimzy had advised me was to act less 'frightening' and more professional."

"But-"

"So, I have taken upon myself to meet a certain quota. Besides, as long as I keep your hopes high, the harder the fall will be."

I think that should lower her suspicions, or maybe raise them. Charlie has been known to startle me now and again. I suppose time will tell, not like there is anything to be skeptical of in the first place.