Oh no, Feelings

A short note before this starts, OH MY GOD WE ARE #1! I say "we" because I would never be able to do this without y'all! I'm so happy so many enjoy my book! This is a shorter chapter, but I cranked this out fast to celebrate! Don't worry, the next chapter will be...interesting, let's just say. Stay Tuned~

-----------------------------------------------

It's been a month since I have been walking. Well, I haven't exactly been "walking" since I am on crutches. However, I've been getting better. Doing physical therapy with Charlie is enjoyable, I guess. She helps with what she can, but she is far from a professional. I'm approving, though. That's what's important!

Movie nights with Alastor have been going way better than expected. We have watched all varieties of genres. We've even gotten to Singin' in The Rain, which Alastor adored. I swear I caught a glimpse of him singing "Good Morning" with Husker and Nifty.

I made amends with Valentino, Vox has been kinder to me, and Velvet...is still Velvet, but there wasn't much to change there anyway. Everyone seems more cheery, happy. I wish I could always keep it that way, here, surrounded by so many friends. It's so lovely I don't ever want it to end.

"Angel, can you meet me on the roof this evening?" Which was why I was so surprised when Alastor asked me that.

What did he want? Did I do something wrong? Maybe, I misunderstood how comfortable he was in our friendship. We've been hanging out more often, and he has been more open with me. Though, now that I think about it, he has been flustered around me lately. Have I been moving this too fast? I would have to return those "Best Friends" bracelets I got. Not that I expected him to wear it anyway.

I slam my head on the bar top, groaning at the thought of starting over.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Husker asked, pouring himself a shot of liquor.

"Alastor asked me to meet him on the rooftop later today," I groan, face still nuzzled into the granite.

I hear Husker nearly choke on his drink, "He did? Wow, there goes my five bucks."

I look at him, "What?"

"What?"

"You just said- Ugh, nevermind," I whine, slamming my head back into the counter.

"You okay there, buddy?" Husker patted my head.

"I just- I'm worried he hates me now."

Husker slammed his glass on the table, "What?"

"Well, like- What else could it possibly be?" I wave my hands in the air before plummeting back to the countertop.

"I- you serious- Look kid, I don't want to spoil anything, but I can assure you it's not that."

"How can you be so sure?" I lift my head off the bar top.

"I just know, okay?" Husker took another shot, "Now go and get ready to meet him or whatever. It's 4 pm, when are you supposed to meet him?"

"He just said this evening."

"Well, better early than late when it comes to Alastor," Husker sighed.

"I guess your right," I grab my crutches, "Thanks, Husky."

"No problem, twinkie," I hear through a sip of booze.

I head to the elevator and click the roof button; I take a deep breath as I await what may be on the other side.