Burning Building

KC's POV

As Kawaii~Chan drives up to her condo, she notices cops and firetrucks all around the area. She was confused, but shrugged it off and walked to her room. As KC hummed, she notices how by each step, she can hear people whispering about something about a condo dorm being burned. Her heart raced but she told herself it couldn't be hers.

KC makes sure to lock her doors and to make sure the kitchen stove was turned off before she left. Her heartbeat grew louder and louder, and the voices of others pinged out and instead all she can hear was a loud beeping noise. Once she stood to her dorm room, KC gasped in devastation.

It was hers.

Kawaii~Chan looked at how the whole hallway was swarmed by policeman and firefighters. Her legs grew weak as she pushed others to get to her dorm door, and she examined the room. The only things that were burned was the door, the wall connecting the door, and the wood floor. The fire spread but not close to the kitchen.

One of the firefighters tapped KC on the shoulders, and she turned around, her face pale white. The firefighter tells her to follow him, and so she does. He takes her to a quieter place, away from all the ruckus, but still close to her dorm. He sighs and passes her a water bottle and then starts conversation.

???: that your condo?

KC: it WAS mine..

???: well, let's just say that I could tell by the damages that it didn't come from the inside. Someone must've came by and burned the place, for whatever reason they may have. Do you have any enemies by any chance?

KC: not that Kawaii~Chan is aware of..

???: hm..well, you will need a new place to stay while the damages get repaired.

KC: what!!?

???: yea, we cannot allow you to live here. The smoke fumes still roam the room, and inhaling it is just as bad as smoking.

KC: oh...well, Kawaii~Chan doesn't know where to go..

???: the owner of the condo dorms will allow you to stay in one of the vacant ones for tomorrow only.

KC: oh..why only tomorrow?

???: someone decided to move there but they live quite far so it'll take time for them to travel from there to here.

KC: alright..well what about my stuff?

???: we will provide the non-burnt necessities and box them up for you, but the damages will cost you a hefty fee even though you didn't start the fire.

KC: Kawaii~Chan understands. And, what about how long will it takes for Kawaii~Chan can go back?

???: I'm gonna estimate about a month.

KC: a month?!

???: yea, repairs take time. well, anyways,I'll show you to your temporary room.

KC: hey, uhm, sorry for asking but, how do you know so much about this place? Aren't you a firefighter?

???: my uh..mom is married to the woman who owns this place.

KC: Oh.

???: anyways, Let me lead the way.

As the firefighter leads Kawaii~Chan to her temporary room, she couldn't help but wonder who burnt down her dorm like that. She sighed as she contemplated on who or what could have caused that to happen. Luckily, to her defense, it wasn't the whole building that burned. She sighed as she could hear their footsteps on the way there.

The room echoed loudly, and you can hear the Murmurs from a distance. Kawaii~Chan held her bag tightly and looked down slightly, still seeing the man in front of her in sight. He then stopped and turned to her, smiling with sympathy in his eyes. She gives him a reassuring smile and he then starts meaningless conversation.

???: well, I will leave you be.

KC: oh! Uh before you go, thank you so much for helping Kawaii~Chan!

???: just doing my job.

KC: even still, it was quite kind of you! By any chance, do you know who called about the fire?

???: I do actually! It was your downstairs neighbor. She was sitting out on the balcony when she smelt smoke, and once she saw the smoke fuming out of your house windows, she called and we sped over here as quickly as we can.

KC: oh! Kawaii~Chan should pay her a visit for a thanks then! Well, Kawaii~Chan will be going now, thank you again!

???: No prob!

KC: oh! And what's your name?

???: My name? Oh, it's Nate.

KC: Well thank you Nate!

Nate: No problem, any time!

Kawaii~Chan smiled and waved as the man left. She sighed and looked down and saw the dorm key was already inserted into the door handle. She rolled her eyes and walked in. The room was definitely empty, but clean. She sighed and placed her shoes down before stepping into the house altogether.

She walked into each room, and it was all empty but one. It had a small desk and a small bed for her to sleep on, with covers as well. On the desk there was a small note, which read "this is just for now! -N". Kawaii~Chan found herself chuckling slightly before she sat her pink fluffy bag onto the desk and pulled her phone out of it.

She groaned and sat down on the little chair that was next to the desk. Kawaii~Chan looked down onto the desk and pulled down her phone. She wanted to ask someone to stay at, but she didn't want to ask Aphmau and Katelyn after she just rejected her offer. KC sighed loudly, hearing her echo in the room. She then texted people she knew, but none of them were available.

Out of frustration, KC pulled up a website to find a roommate with, someone close by who is allowing roommates. She scrolled through them, looking for the closest one, until she found the perfect one. She sighed in relief and decided to look through their profile. The house was bigger than hers, and they have 2 rooms available! Her smile grew wider and she looked at more photos of the household.

Kawaii~Chan anxiously decides to text them right away, to see if they'd pick up since she's on a time limit. But before she did, she crawled onto the bed and snuggled into the warm sheets, and sighed deeply as she realizes that she has to sleep with the clothes she had on then. KC pushed all the negative feelings away and then texts the person right away.