@Nablai's Nebula

Welcome to another exciting edition of Nablai's Nebula, where you get all the sub-genre-relevant info you need, courtesy of the one and only Nablai!

---

The advent of October brings with it hordes of the undead. The pandemic is still raging across the globe, teaching us more. More about preservation of the environment and life—both in equal measure. This is where we learn to reach out a helping hand, share a smile and spread kindness everywhere. Though it seems small, but every good deed matters. Like a drop in the ocean of humanity, we have to keep at it. Doing all that we can, without a frown.

Apart from it being the month of Halloween and Domestic Violence Awareness Month, there's something more October is famous for. Pssst... I'll give you a hint:

They are arrhythmic and insomniacs who never sleep.

We are talking about Zombie-punk! To all those who guessed it right, here's a Hot Zombie for you.

Without wasting much blood over, raises the question: What exactly is this sub-genre?

So, with a sickle in our hand, we take our stand for the Zombies.

Zombie-punk is one of the three chief classes of paranormal creatures most popular in sci-fantasy fiction – the others being Vampires and Werewolves. Even though the genres of Science Fiction and Fantasy tend to combine quite often, but they are different in a lot of senses. There is a lot of overlap between the Fantasy, Horror, and Science Fiction genres when it comes to Zombies.

It might also interest you to know the English word "zombie" was first recorded in 1819, in a history of Brazil by the poet Robert Southey, in the form of "zombi"

It might also interest you to know the English word "zombie" was first recorded in 1819, in a history of Brazil by the poet Robert Southey, in the form of "zombi". The term comes from Haitian folklore, in which a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic.

 The term comes from Haitian folklore, in which a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic

As a pretty broad category, Zombiepunk can be classified based on the written content. Stories which have elements of virus or fungus, would generally be SF, while those that feature supernatural entities, lean more towards fantasy. If the story is scary, creepy or hair-raising, it's Horror (Fantasy Horror or Sci-Fi Horror). But, even that, isn't the exact definition of this genre.