Big Trouble

Hermione POV

     It's been a few weeks since our first day back and I have been noticing that (Y/n) is getting frustrated over the simplest mistakes, like accidently tearing a door off it's hinges, or slightly shocking someone without meaning too. His temper fuse is pretty long but I fear he may be starting to lose it, so Ron and I invited (Y/n) to go to the library and do some studying in peace and quiet. I may not know what's going on with him but it's clear to me that he is having trouble keeping his powers under control. As the three of us walk past the courtyard we see both the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams having a stand off.

Ron: Uh-oh, I smell trouble.

    We walk over to see what's going on and we see that Malfoy is Slytherin's new Seeker and that's not all.

Ron: Those are Nimbus 2001's! How did you get those?

Flynt: A gift from Draco's Father.

Malfoy: You see Weasley, unlike some my father can afford the best.

Hermione: At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent.

      As Malfoy approached me with a disgusted look, I could hear the sparkling crackle of lightning and glance at (Y/n), who is really starting to get pissed off.

Malfoy: No one asked your opinion. You filthy little Mudblood.

     As I stand there with really hurt feelings-

(Y/n): THAT'S IT!

      Suddenly, Malfoy gets hit with a lightning bolt and sent flying across the courtyard and through some doors. I look at (Y/n) and he has completely lost his temper and his powers are on full display. (Y/n) starts chasing after Malfoy and I finally knock myself out of my trance to hear.

Flynt: Looks like the monster has finally lost his mind.

Hermione: *pissed* And this wouldn't have happened had your stupid Seeker kept his mouth shut!

Dumbeldore: Had what not have happened?

     We all look and see Professor Dumbeldore standing before all of us.

Harry: Professor?

Hermione: Please, this isn't (Y/n)'s fault!

Dumbeldore: I will deal with (Y/n) when he has calmed down.

Hermione: Right, Ron, Harry let's go!

Ron: Uh, are you sure about this?

      I simply shoot a glare at the two boys and they immediately agree to help. We run after (Y/n)'s trail of destruction, we keep following and see several unfortunate students who got in the way. We make it to the Great Hall and (Y/n) is still after Malfoy. Malfoy tried and Expelliarmus spell and (Y/n) just tanked right through it and punched both his hands into the ground and tore a large boulder the size of a hatchback out of the floor and got ready to throw it.

Hermione: (Y/n), please stop!

     He didn't appear to hear me, so I just ran in front of him and forced him to look at me.

Hermione: (Y/n), STOP!

     He finally sees me but he still holds the boulder above his head, Harry and Ron join me and they try to calm (Y/n) down too.

Harry: Easy there, big guy.

Ron: Yeah, come on, mate. Malfoy isn't worth it.

Hermione: (Y/n), I know you can hear me. Please, it's time to calm down. Everything going to be alright, I promise.