Return Home

(Y/n) POV

     A week after the events of the maze and Voldemort's return, everyone is gathered in the Great Hall. Instead of Hogwarts house colored banners, each banner is black because we are all here for Cedric Diggory. I am in my armor and Hermione is holding my hand while trying to hold back tears. Dumbeldore then starts the eulogy.

Dumbeldore: Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, excuptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But to not do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain, we feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different toungues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, brave and true right to the bitter end.

     We all spend the next hour celebrating the life Cedric led and the good he did for others. I remember one time I was having difficulty with my powers and Cedric came up to me and greet me like I was his best friend and told me that the first step to conquering fear is to recognize that the fear is there to begin with. I think he started me on the path to truly start to understand and control my power. I decide to do him honor and go open up a small chest and inside was a little model boat, I then grab a picture of Cedric and head down to the bay. I get there and I see Cedric's dad, Amos, standing at the waters edge, I walk up beside him.

(Y/n): Mr. Diggory?

Amos: Oh, (Y/n), do you need something?

(Y/n): I just wanted to do some last rites in your son's honor, may I have permission to do this?

Amos: Yes, of course.

      Just then, I feel a hand on my right arm and turn to see Hermione, Harry and Ron. I take a deep breath and speak some last rites for Cedric's soul and then I set the boat with Cedric's picture in the water and let it sail. I then pull out my wand and send a spark of fire out and set the boat on fire to again honor Cedric.

(Y/n): If your up there, mom, lead this warrior to Valhalla.

      Amos thanks me for the kind words and the honor I bestowed on his son, Hermione then wraps her arm around mine and we smile at each other before heading back to the school. Later that day saw everyone saying goodbye to one another, it didn't matter where we came from or how we speak, we are all friends in the end. I was approached by both Krum and Fleur and gave me thanks for a friend to them. As the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang's went to go home, I join Hermione, Harry and Ron, as Ron asks.

Ron: Do you think we'll ever have a normal year at Hogwarts?

Harry/Hermione: No.

(Y/n): Not a chance.

Ron: Didn't think so. Oh well, what's life without a few dragons.

(Y/n): Hermione?

Hermione: Everything is going to change, isn't it?

Harry: Yes.

Hermione: Promise you'll write this summer, all of you.

Ron: I won't. You know I won't.

Hermione: Harry will, won't you?

Harry: Yeah, every week.

(Y/n): *chuckles* You'll get no argument from me.