-6- The helper who needs help.

Since today is Tuesday, which means that Chuyue will spend the breaks together and alone with his girlfriend, at some point they decided that Tuesdays and Thursdays are theirs, and Zhan anyway, as Yibo's helper has no time for Chuyue, Zhan and Yibo planned to use the breakfast break to learn English.

However, Zhan didn't feel like going outside and he doesn't want to go to the cafeteria because he doesn't have any money to pay for it anyway. All he has left is a few yuan, just enough for a bus ride if necessary.

Zhan felt guilty towards Yibo because as his helper he is always the one who needs help. And so he told Yibo that he didn't know how to thank him for all this when Yibo once again unpacked his breakfast and let Zhan eat with him. Yibo grinned and explained that he already knew how to thank him, but that he would only tell him when Zhan got good grades on his next English test and sports day.

"You're not planning anything weird with me, are you?" Zhan asked anxiously as he was eating one of Yibo's sandwiches.

"What's weird? I don't think it's weird. Now eat instead of talking. There's plenty more to eat." Yibo replied. Zhan nodded and grabbed the next sandwich while Yibo watched him amused as he enjoyed the food.

When the breakfast was completely eaten, the two began to use the rest of the break to practice English vocabulary. Yibo also let him read several sentences in English and then Zhan had to translate it. Learning with Yibo was not difficult for him. But he was afraid that he would forget everything again if it came to a test or he had to go back to the blackboard.

"You are just too nervous, that's all. You worry too much about what the other students think and say, than just doing your thing." Explained Yibo after telling Zhan that he didn't really need help in English.

"I know. I only have to think about it and I get nervous. But I can't turn it off either."

"Maybe I know a solution." Said Yibo. He opened one of his bracelets and put it around Zhan's left wrist. "My stepmother bought this for me. She says it has a calming effect. I used to need it when I was younger. Because strangers always made me nervous."

"That's nice, but, I can't accept something like this. It was given to you as a gift, and it means something to you."

"I want to give it to you now. Please don't reject it and accept it. Of course it means something to me, but we are friends now and I'm sure you'll always take good care of it."

"Of course. Thank you very much, I accept it with pleasure."

"Mmm, I hope it will help you the way it helped me." Yibo said happily.

Zhan was surprised again, because when he was with Yibo, Yibo laughed, made jokes, smiled a lot. But as soon as someone else approached him, he looked like an ice prince. He made a meaningless face and showed no emotions whatsoever. Very different from Zhan.

When the lunch break began, Zhan first took Yibo to the office of the counselor. Once a week, usually on Fridays, the counselor issues the meal tickets for the cafeteria. Yibo did not have a meal ticket yesterday and the cook only gave him something to eat because he is new and the counselor was not there.

The teacher, with whom Zhan had often talked about the situation at home, was happy to see Zhan and said he was happy that Zhan has a new friend and not just Chuyue. "Chuyue is great and he's a very nice guy. But he is now spending more and more time with his girlfriend. And as for his gossip, I still don't like it. That's why I'm happy that you are now friends with Wang Yibo. I've heard a lot about him and I think as a friend he is a good enrichment for you."