-10- Memories of Zhan's mother.

After Zhan came home, the first thing he had to do was tell his stepmother that he lost his job. Fortunately, he was able to tell her right away that he had a new job. However, as a precaution he did not tell her that he now earns even more than before. He arranged with the baker that only 1,500 Yuan per week would go into his account and she would give him the remaining 1,000 Yuan in cash. He would not share this with his mother and keep it for himself. After all, he goes to work for it.

He made dinner, cleaned, did the laundry and the twins' room and then went upstairs to his room where he did his homework for school. He skipped studying that evening. Instead, he lay on the bed and looked at the gold medal.

It made him sad again that he was not brave enough to face his feelings. Yibo was right, Zhan looked for reasons why they could not be together. But he did not do this to hurt Yibo, but because he saw no other way out. Because he could not face his feelings. The fear that someone might realize that he is in love with a boy is too big for Zhan.

Zhan assumes that if someone finds out about Yibo, hardly anyone will say anything against it. His family is rich and his father has much influence. But Zhan? Zhan is a simple boy who doesn't even have enough money in his wallet to take the bus at the moment. If someone found out that he is in love with a boy, he would surely get into real trouble.

So far Zhan doesn't even know how much money he will get from his father's inheritance on his 18th birthday. He will only find out when the time comes, and then he should get the money out of the way quickly before his stepmother can lay her greedy hands on it. But even if it is a little more money than he is expecting at the moment, that doesn't mean that he would be in a better position if someone found out about his feelings for Yibo.

People like him have rarely any luck. And Zhan doesn't want to rely on the fact that he is lucky in love and that they can be a couple without being judged.

Since his mother agreed with his new job, even if it meant that he couldn't prepare breakfast, he set his alarm clock to get to his first shift at the bakery on time. Somehow he was looking forward to working with the old baker. And that was especially because she also knew his parents. Because in the past she had often visited his family when his mother was still alive.

When Zhan showed up at the bakery in the morning, he had to start working. A lot of dough had to be prepared, shaped and put in the oven. It was hot in the bakery, the flour stuck to his clothes and in his hair and the dough stuck to his fingers. But he enjoyed it.

After an hour and a half, they could rest. Zhan used this opportunity to ask the baker about his mother. "Can you remember what my mother was like back then? I can hardly remember her and if I didn't have this one picture of her, I wouldn't even remember what she looked like."

"Oh let me think. When I met your mother, she was a tender 18 years old.

She was beautiful, with long black hair that she wore alternately straight and wavy. Her eyes were dark and her skin was light. She had an infectious smile that never disappeared.

She was smart, humorous, cheerful and full of joy.

And she had been madly in love with your dad. I remember when she brought him to the bakery for the first time and very shyly told me that he was her boyfriend.

And your dad was totally obsessed with her.

They got married right after the university and could hardly wait to have their first child.

When she actually got pregnant with you, she jumped around in joy while your father would have loved to wrap her up in cotton wool.

At that time, your father didn't have to go on business trips and was always at home. He read every wish from your mother's lips. And he came here every day after work to get your mother her favorite cake. Always two pieces of strawberry cake with lots of cream.