Chapter 8

Sarah didn't recognize most of these men. Her old guards must have died...no wait, S.H.I.E.L.D. That's right they were from S.H.I.E.L.D. The memories were slowly fading back in, their mind control could never last very long. She looked up from her spot on the floor of the van in panic. She couldn't move very much, being locked up in several different cuffs and she couldn't hear very well. Right, they crushed the hearing aids.

"Where's my dad?!"

The guards ignored her pleas until the one directly across from Sarah shoved her foot and yelled a gruff 'shut up'. She was back to where she started. Only after two years of relying on her hearing aids, it required more straining to try and hear them. Sarah followed them out of the van and was shoved into some dark building. A blindfold was pulled over her eyes. Like that would stop her, she could still memorize it. Straight down, three flights of stairs, left, another set of stairs, straight for twenty seconds, a right. Light flooded Sarah's vision and she was greeted with James staring down Alexander Pierce.

"Soldat, your little technician's here," one guard said.

"Fix his arm."

Pierce turned to Sarah when she didn't move. He looked and couldn't see the green hearing aids. Pierce didn't bother to raise his voice but just repeat his words forcing her to look up at him and focus on his lips while trying to hear him. She understood but she was still shaking.

"Did you hear me?! Fix his damn arm!"

"Where's my dad?"

Pierce stepped closer and grabbed Sarah by the collar of her shirt.

"Doll!"

James yelled loud enough that she could semi hear him. Pierce let go of her so Sarah could see him.

Just do as he says.

Sarah grabbed the toolbox off to the side and sat on the stool right by James. It wasn't very complicated. It was still short circuiting from when Nat had electrocuted it but the job shouldn't be too hard. She opened up a few of the metal panels, the mechanical whirring high pitched enough that it cut through the silence despite not being very loud.

"Wh- Who changed the wires?"

"What?" Pierce asked.

James looked down at where Sarah's eyes were focused on the wires. He used his other hand to grab the left one.

"This one's the blue one. The other is purple."

She nodded and felt comfortable enough to work, knowing she wouldn't accidentally make him worse. James moved his arm after Sarah had closed the panel, all the proper feeling had returned and it was no longer short circuiting.

Thank you, little doll.

"What are you doing with her?" James asked aggressively as Sarah was pushed back into a chair that matched his.

A gun was pointed at her.

"Get up Soldat and she's done. Prep them both."

James sat back and opened his mouth for the scientist to place the mouth guard in. He looked Sarah in the eye and nodded for her to do the same.

"How much sir?" The scientist asked.

"He needs to remember her."

"And 001? Do we want to wipe completely?"