Chapter 28

The Summer of Sarah Rogers:

The PR team successfully convinced Sam and Steve to let Sarah get Twitter, just Twitter— Steve said she had to choose between Twitter and Instagram but not both. Because everyone on the team had Twitter but not everyone had Instagram, Sarah ended up choosing the former. So far there wasn't much on it, mainly pictures of her and Shuri from her trip to Wakanda. And to T'Challa's detriment, Sarah being allowed to have Twitter suddenly made Shuri feel the need to get one and Ramonda didn't care so T'Challa being messed with by his younger sister and her friend was all over the Internet.

They were smart and knew not to show anything that revealed his Black Panther status since the world only knew that Wakanda was actually technologically advanced. The two also never went too far because T'Challa was still a world leader— however Shuri claimed the videos of her messing with him made him more personable, built him up like the people's king. He saw right through that lie but didn't say anything and just accepted his fate.

The interactions between Sarah and the rest of the team were the public's favorite and the PR team definitely encouraged it— Sarah wasn't even sure if PR was necessary anymore considering everyone loved S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers but Tony assured her it was always smart to have them on deck. Anytime it was Sarah, Steve, Sam, or Bucky interacting it had been dubbed the Star-Spangled Fam. And while she didn't post anything officially or acknowledge people's questions, the public noticed Sarah and Peter's replies on each other's tweets.

It took all of three days from one person noticing her liking three of Peter's tweets in a row for them to do some digging and see he was the same kid from the pictures at the juice bar. After that Sarah started including him in the pictures she had instead of only Ned and MJ but you still didn't say anything.

Sarah was in the car with Steve and Tony while scrolling through her feed. She was being dropped off at an event at the Children's Hospital while Steve and Tony were being taken to the UN meeting discussing the possibility of creating an official global Avengers Initiative program in attempts to find geniuses like Sarah, Tony, and Bruce or enhanced like Steve, Pietro, and Wanda or just general badasses like Nat, Sam, and Clint. Even though she was going to the Children's Hospital officially as Gemstone, the PR team had her dressed as Darling.

Normally, Sarah was all for the cutesy fashion but even this felt like slight overkill. It was a monochrome red look— they would've gone with blue since Steve's stealth suit was a fan favorite but thought it'd be ironic because of her colorblindness and irony wasn't the mood they were going for. The red bordered being more pink especially when it came to the large reddish pink hair clips and the tinted lip gloss they put on her.

"You're staring awfully hard at that phone," Tony commented.

"Hmm?"

"She's not even listening."

Sarah finally looked up to see him and Steve staring back at her.

"Sorry, did you say something?"

"You're really in the teenager stage now, I said you're staring hard at that phone. Does it involve Spiderling?"

"Not everything is about Peter... yes. I like this picture."

Sarah turned the phone to show Tony and Steve a picture of her and Peter hugging, him kissing the side of her head. Steve wanted to gag even if he wouldn't say it. So he just nodded when Tony said it was cute.

"But it looks too romantic, I don't think I can post it. But I like it."

"You know you two don't have to be quiet about it."