Chapter 30

The plan was to grab the gauntlet from Thanos and dip. Tony didn't want to prolong a fight with him and everyone agreed. A long fight was a better chance to lose. It took longer than they thought to get Drax, Mantis, and Quil on the same page as the rest of the team. Mainly because, even though he wouldn't admit it, Tony and Quil had the exact same personalities. Two sides of the same coin— only Quil also had the edge of moronic added to him.

Sarah watched Mantis look over while the two man-children were arguing and followed her line of sight to see Strange meditating in the air, head twitching aggressively. There was a high pitched ringing in Sarah's ears that made her wince. Strange hit the ground with a hard thud and Tony ran over to help him up.

"What was that?"

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures to see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?"

"Over millions."

"And how many did we win?"

"Sarah!" Strange called the girl over.

She leaned down in front of him and the medallion opened. Strange nodded for her to touch the Time Stone. His head started to do the violent twitch again before Sarah pulled back as she felt a jolt of electricity between her and the Time Stone. The ringing was there again and she realized it must have come from the two stones interacting near each other— it was the same reason Sarah felt vibrations so strong, the space stone bent soundwaves towards her and unfortunately the frequency of the two stones near each other was going straight to her ear. Strange looked at Sarah before turning his attention back to Tony.

"Strange, how many did we win?"

"Four and two of them seem... he's coming."

Everyone got into position but Strange turned to Sarah. "He'll know what you are as the other stones get close."

"Can we use it to win?"

Strange sighed with a look that only he knew what he meant. "You don't know how to use it."

"But we have to try."

"Are you always this tenacious?"

"Have you met my father?"

That made him laugh. "We have to try."

Sarah nodded and fell back closer to Tony hearing Strange mutter he hoped option one would win. She had never been near any of the raw stones before the Time Stone but Sarah knew what Strange meant on Thanos figuring out what she was. She felt a charge and a pull and could only assume it meant Thanos must be on Titan and getting closer to them.

Sarah realized he already knew she would be there and was confident she was making the right choice when she suddenly changed her position from being by Tony and stood next to Strange who smiled and fell back— Thanos might perceive the calling of Sarah and the Time Stone as just the girl.

"Four days? Not any quicker?" Steve asked Shuri.

"There's too many paths. If I mess up on one, it will cause critical failure in Vision."

"Alright. Well it's better than no—"

Shuri, Okoye, and T'Challa's kimoyo beads rang alarmingly loud. Okoye pulled up a map of Wakanda on her beads and moved it to the large screen.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Cap," Sam's voice came through everyone's comm. "We've got a problem here."