Chapter 1

Marinette watched the lights below her grow brighter and brighter. She hasn't seen her godmother in years. She's recently moved to Gotham to be closer to her cousin. Who lives in Metropolis.
Mari sighed as the flight attendant smiled and handed her a coke.
"We'll be landing shortly." She said.
"Thank you." Mari said as she looked at Tikki.
"Don't worry Mari. I'm sure you'll be fine." She said with a reassuring smile.
"Easy for you to say, Tikki. You didn't get kicked out of you house." Marinette said with a frown.
Mari looked out the window and saw that they had landed in Gotham. She couldn't stop this feeling of dread.

Marinette

I sat outside of the airport for an hour and my godmother didn't show up. Sighing, I gathered my luggage and started waking. Walking dogs never been an issue with me, I just didn't want to with my bags. So I shoved an earbud in and hit shuffle on my playlist before leaving the airport. The first song was You Make Me Want To Die by Pretty Reckless. I chuckled as I remembered the lead singer stared Cindy LuHoo in live action version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
"Hey Little Lady, wanna help a fella out?"
I was snapped out of my thoughts by a man calling out. Looking around I spotted him next to a car. Reaching into my pocket, I gripped the knife I bought at the airport. It's Gotham, some of them were free.
"Sure. What do you need?" I asked as I slowly walked over.
He chuckled darkly and a smirk played on his lips. "I just neeeeeed you." He said before he jumped up and attempted to tackle me. He didn't get the chance to touch me before I sent a solid punch to his face and he was out cold.
"Probably should be more careful of who you try to kidnap. I'm not like most girls." I stated before kicking him in the guy. "Filthy bastard. Man, Karas gonna get it."
I sighed before I continued on my way.
But not before waving at one of the vigilantes that sat on the roof across the street.

"Alex, it's not like that. He's just getting another shift to help pay for food and stuff. Besides I'm retired unless you or Clark need me." I heard Kara say when I walked inside.
"I know, I'm just worried." Alex said. I could hear them pacing. "What time are you suppose to pick Mari up?"
"CRAP!!!" Kara yelled.
"Calm down, I'm right here." I said as I walked to the kitchen. "Hi Aunt Kara. Hello Aunt Alex."
Kara zoomed over and tackled me into a hug. She was squeezing just a little to right for my taste, but I shrugged and hugged back.
"I'm so sorry. I totally lost track of time. And I was setting your room up, and MonEl was running late. Hell he's still not here."
I laughed. And it was the first laugh that I shared with a family member. "It's fine. I got here fine." I said before going to hug Alex.
"How is my cousin?" I asked. She and Maggie ended up adopting a few years back.
"She is amazing. She started 5th grade this year and is excited to see you."
After talking for a few more minutes, I gathered my bags and followed Kara to my room. I stood there for a moment, absorbing the fact that I wasn't in Paris anymore.
"What exactly happened with you and your parents?" Kara asked
"How much do you know?" I asked hesitantly.
She huffed. "Well, you mom said that they were sending you here to help with stress. But I know it's a lie. What's the real reason."
I sighed. I knew this would come up. I knew this would happen eventually. I practiced in my head on the plane how I would tell her the truth. But now that it's here, it was really hard.
"They kicked me out." I whispered. "They kicked me out because someone told them I was hurting a student in my class. It wasn't true. But they didn't believe me. Not when I showed them the hospital bill that I paid for and kept hidden so they wouldn't worry. So, they kicked me out said Gotham should scare me straight." I chuckled dryly and wiped my eyes. "People always leave. Paighton was right, people do leave and there's nothing you can do about it."
I sighed before walking over and giving Kara a small smile. "I'm gonna go to bed. I'm pretty tired."
I closed the door and sighed.
Adrien reminds me of Derek. So who is my Lukas?
No one, because your not worthy of being saved.
I shook my head before rushing to the bathroom. I turned the water on and blasted my music. The song that came on was Love Bites (So Do I) by Halestorm.
Wow, the music right now is matching my mood. And I felt completely and utterly alone.

The week went by and it was terrible. I don't really sleep anymore so I ended up drawing every night. The second day, I went and discovered fabric stores and good cafes with good coffee and tea, but I mostly make my own stuff. Most of the time mixed together. But I got enrolled into Gotham Academy, and promised myself I wouldn't make friends here. They will leave eventually.Speaking of— it's my first day.

"Alright, here is your schedule, locker number, and student ID. This is your tour guide, Jon, he will be showing you around." The front desk lady said with a smile.
I nodded and turned to Jon with a neutral expression. "Marinette." I stated with a shrug.
"Jon Kent."
"So your the nephew." I sighed. I'm gonna kill Kara for not telling me.
I looked at Jon and motioned towards the door. He nodded and we left.
He was nice and showed me how to get to my classes the fastest. He showed me how to open my locker, (mine has a secret to it. You have to jiggle it and kick the bottom of the door to open it.) Less risk of things being stolen. When we got to our first class, I greeted the teacher before retreating to the back of the class. I sat in the desk closest to the window before pulling out earbuds, hitting play on the song, and sketching.