Chapter 7

Harley

She been sitting here for three days. She didn't talk, or eat. I know she didn't want me to, but I needed to do something.
"Quinn?"
"She's here."
"I'll be right there."
And true to his words, Damian walked in a few minutes later. I watched him nod at me before looking at the couch and heading over. I watched her turn away from him, but he pulled her in anyway. A few seconds later, she was taking his comfort. I sighed. I should have known better then to wait.

Marinette

Damian took me to his place. The mansion was huge. But I didn't say anything. We walked inside and I was greeted with the whole Wayne Family. Every single one of them. I nodded as they introduced themselves. A few I already knew from their visit to the hospital. I was given a room and I stayed up there. When they called meals, I didn't leave. I picked at a few crackers, but that was it. The Kwamis raced around the manor like crazy's, to try and get my to hell at least. It didn't work.
A few days later, a woman with dark hair walked in. And started signing.
Hi, my name is Cassandra.

I nodded.
Nice to meet you.

Are you ok?

No.

Damians worried. I've never seen him like this.

I rolled my eyes
I told him I didn't want to be friends. He's persistent. Along with the blond boy.

She smiled brightly.
Jon is just like that. We call him sunshine.

I had a friend like that, he tried to kill me. After that I didn't sign back, I turned my back and went to staring at the wall.

Cassandra

She's strange.
The one person Damian takes interest in is quiet and disinterested. When I made it downstairs and saw everyone standing around looking at me I couldn't help but frown. I turned to Damian.
What all do you know? I signed

Bits and pieces. Why?

She's being bullied and abused.

The second I stoped signing the word abused, he nodded before quickly walking away.
"What was that all about?"
M-A-R-I-N-E-T-T-E
"What about her?"
She was being bullied by her classmates and at home.
"Oh shit. How bad?"
By the looks of things, bad.

Marinette

A few minutes later, Damian walked into my room. I ignored his presence and stayed focused on the wall. I heard the door close and the bed shift next to me.
"Marinette, please tell me what happened?" He pleaded.
I shook my head. Blocking out the images of Adrien shoving the knife in my gut. Of Lila hitting me in the head with a rock. I bit my lip to keep it from spilling out, because as much as I want to tell him, I'll just be burdening him with it.
"Marinette. Marinette look at me, please."
I didn't move, but he gently turned my head so I was looking at him. At his eye, that reminded me of a deep green forest. "I'm not going to run off. I'm staying here. I'm going to stay and help you. I don't know what your doing, but I feel protective of you. I want to learn more about you. Your tough as nails, but so soft and kind."
A tear fell from my eye and he wiped it away. "I'm not going to hurt you. I care, for some odd reason I care in the first place, but I care." Before I could move, he kissed my cheek gently. His thumb stroking my cheek.
And I broke all over again. And I cried into my hands before he pulled me against his chest. I couldn't stop the feeling of security that came each time he hugged me, or comforted me in some way.
"I'm sorry." I whispered "I'm sorry, you have keep comforting me. I'm sorry that I can't stop crying, or I stop talking. I'm sorry I ran in the first place." I sobbed. On hand was rubbing circles on my back, while the other held my neck, tracing it across my shoulder and back up again. But he let me cry and cry till there was nothing left. And somewhere in the crying I ended up telling him everything. I told him about Lila, Hawkmoth, Adrien, being in the hospital, my parents, how I stoped talking in Paris, why I stoped talking And when I finished and I pulled away from him slightly, I saw pure anger in those beautiful eyes. In a blink it was gone, and compassion took its place. And it hit me. I was just watching the part where Peighton gets attacked by Derik on One Tree Hill.
Damian. Damian is my Lukas. The one that just seems to swoop in and save me.
And as I watched him, I couldn't have been happier that he keeps showing up. But I was startled out of my thoughts by something soft on my lips.
Shocked, I looked at the person across from and felt whatever was on my lips press slightly harder. Then it clicked, and my brain shut down and my lips took over, as they pressed against his. He wasn't aggressive or needy, his lips were gentle and soft against my own. And his arms pulled me completely into his lap, we're he held me and kissed me. The voice in my head quiet for the first time in three years. When he pulled back, I smiled. A real genuine smile.
"Do it again?" He whispered
"Do what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Smile. You have an amazing smile." He said before he pressed a kissed on my lips then on my cheek.
I smiled at him and it felt good. It wasn't forced or strained. And I felt happy.
"Thank you." I whispered "for checking on me. And for going out if your way to make sure I was ok. And I'm sorry if I've been a pai-"
He kissed me harder this time. Cutting me off.
"Stop apologizing." He whispered, before he laid us out on my bed. My head on his chest, and his arms around my waist. "Go to sleep." He whispered as I yawned.
"I think this is going to be an interesting conversation later." I whispered as I fell asleep.

I woke up to a gentle pressure on my shoulder and and lips. I turned away from it and tried to cover my face with my pillow. But my pillow wouldn't move.
"Marinette, wake up."
"No. Sleep now, talk later." I mumbled, trying desperately to stay asleep.
"But I want to talk to you about something." Damian whispered into my ear. A shiver ran down my spine, as his breath hit my ear. I felt him turn me before I felt him press a big kiss against my lips. He waited till I kissed back before pulling away. I opened my eyes to him smirking.
"You suck." I muttered before sitting up.
"That fine. I won't ask you to go on a date with me." He mumbled.
I smirked before reaching across from him and grabbing my sketchbook and writing a note. Just like he did on my first day.

Will you go out with me?
I handed him the book and smirked. The twinkle in his eye told me he remembered too.
Yes. When and were?

Don't know, come up with something and let me know.

Watch it.

I didn't say anything, before ripping the page out and tearing it to pieces before throwing it away in the trash can next to the bed. I heard him chuckle next to me before he kissed my cheek.
"Your mean."
"It's a reminder, that I didn't want this in the first place."
"But look at us now." His cocky smirk made my core heat slightly.
I'm so dead.