Chapter 8

Marinette

I went back to school, but it was still hard to be in that environment after everything that happened. My leg was either bouncing, or I was sketching and listening to music. I drowned everyone out. I know Damian, Jon and I are close, but I still keep them at arms length. Even after everything I shared with Damian. I kept my music in but copied down the notes and assignments for the classes. Damian passed a few notes but other then that left me alone.
The song currently playing was What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flats.

Jagged: I got news
Me: what is it?
Jagged: I'll tell you when I pick you up.
Me: alright.

For the rest of school, I couldn't help but be curious on what the news was.

"Marinette!" Uncle Jagged called as he got out of his car. I sighed and smiled before dropping my bag and jumping into his arms.
"Hey, Uncle Jagged." I said. I pulled back enough to look at his face "so what's the news?"
He smiled. "I adopted you."
I pulled back the smile on my face growing. "What?"
"I adopted you. Your now officially, Marinette Stone." I squealed and jumped into his arms again. "What do you think?"
"I think, this it the best news ever, dad."
"That's my rock n' daughter."
After that, Jagged took me to get ice cream before he took me to the manor to collect my things. When I walked into my new home I smiled.
"I'm gonna get a brother or sister!" I said as I hugged Penny. "Your my mom now! And OMG! I have a real family!!!"
They laughed as I spun in a circle. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I could burst. I felt alive again. It's almost the same feeling I had when Damian kissed me.
And then my phone went off. It was Chloé.
"Chloé! Guess what!!" I squealed
"What's going on MariBug?"
"Jagged adopted me!! And I have a date!"
I heard her squeal and repeatedly say I told you so. I giggled and smiled. This is a start. This is the start of getting better completely.
"I am just calling to let you know mom and I will be in Gotham for a few months. She wants to get inspired by Gotham, what ever that means."
"When do you get here? I have some more news as well."
"We get in, in a week. She owns an apartment there so we'll be there."
"Alright, keep me posted on when you get here. Is Kagami coming too?"
"Yep. She has a competition there as well. So we get to see her mother as well. I still can't believe Madam T let you stay at her place! I can't get that woman to talk to me!"
I laughed. "It's because she hasn't seen anything of worth yet. Just give it time. Especially if she thinks things will end with you two."
I pulled my phone back as I got a text.
"Hey Chlo, I gotta go. I'll text you later."
"Ok. It's good to hear from you Mari. I haven't heard you this happy in a long time, and it's good to hear. I expect full sunshine by the time I get there."
"Yes, Chloé." I stated and hung up. Before I checked the text.
Damian: I have to tell you something.
Mari: ok? What is it?
Damian: can I meet you at the park?
Mari: be there in ten.

I looked at dad and mom. I smiled to myself, they're my parents now.
"Dad, I have to meet Damian at the park. I'll be back in an hour." I said before walking out the door.
"Be carful!!" He called back.

It took me ten minutes to walk there. I really need to get a bike or something. I saw Damian sitting on a bench with a German Shepherd. I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something big was about to happen. But I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing.
When he saw me, he waved and gestured me to come over, and I smiled. I liked the fact I could smile so easily around him.
"Hey, I got your text. What's going on?" I asked, as the dog laid his head in my lap.
Damian looked perplexed, almost like he was fighting with himself.
"Go on a date with me." He blurted out.
I spun around to look at him. He looked nervous, and anxious, and afraid. I have never seen Damian Wayne afraid before.
"What?" I asked
He rolled his eyes and kissed me. "Go. Out. with me." He said in between kisses.
I stared at him, slightly dazed. I know we talked about going on a date, but I didn't actually expect this. "Marinette?"
"Yes" I breathed. "Yes, I'll go out with you."
I smiled and gently kissed him. But we were interrupted by his dog jumping on us. Knocking us off the bench. We laughed as the dog, Titus, licked our faces and barked happily.

I stood in my room looking at two different outfits as, Guns N Roses Get in the Ring, played in the background. One was a dark red, black, and white, tight fitting shirt, that resembled something from the renaissance, with a white jacket, black leather plants, black, heeled, boots, with a red strip on the heel, and diamond shaped earrings. Or a long sleeved, red, cropped shirt. Black, high waisted skirt, with black, heeled boots.
I decided with the red shirt, and black skirt. I left my hair down, curled at the ends, before pulled a beanie on. I applied wine red lipstick, and a little bit of black eyeshadow.
I heard a knock on the door and smiled "Come in!" I called as I adjusted my leather jacket. I thought it wouldn't work out, but it did.
"Oh, Marinette. You look amazing." Mom said
"Thank you. Damian here yet?" I asked with a shy smile.
She nodded "I'd hurry, Jagged is giving him a talk. And it's not going too well for Damian."
I grabbed my purse before walking out the door.
"I'm sorry, I had to finish something." I said as I reached the living room. There was silence as both boys looked at me.
"Go put something else on." Jagged stated before walking over and standing between me and Damian.
"Dad, he's a good guy. I promise." I whispered as I grabbed his hand. "I'm safe with him." I looked into dads eyes and saw the conflict in his eyes. Before he sighed.
"I trust you. Not him.....but I'll give him a chance." Dad said with a sigh.
I threw my arms around him and murmured a thank you, before walking over to Damian.
"Hey." I said with a smile.
"You look amazing Angel." Damian breathed, taking my hand and spinning me in a circle.
"Thank you." I giggled before we left.