Chapter 5

Marinette

I didn't go to school again till Jagged was out of the hospital. Damian and Jon helped out a lot. Both of them checking on me, and helping with homework. Not that I needed it, but the thought was nice.
"Marinette?" I looked up to see Damian standing next to my desk. "What are you doing here?"
"Jagged is out of the hospital, but I stayed a few nights at his place for good measure. So, Kara said it was time to come back. And I agreed." I stated. I didn't smile, or anything.
Damian and I grew closer while Jagged was in the hospital, but I was still unsure on how to approach him.
"Well, I'm glad your back." He stated.
"You do realize that I was here a week before the whole accident happened, right?" I raised an eyebrow, daring him to challenge me.
"Yes, I'm aware. But your a mystery, and a puzzle. I like both, so I'm still figuring you out."
I rolled my eyes and went back to drawing.

Looking around the gym I noticed three things. Almost all of the girls were sitting on the bench. Almost all the boys were stretching. And some guys were sitting with the girls. Two of the girls were stretching with the guys. I sighed, this is going to be interesting.
"Line up!" The coach yelled and blew his whistle. "Today! We will be playing.......football!"
This is going to be so much fun. Kim use to make me practice with him. My frown deepened when I thought about my childhood friends. People that abandoned me for gold instead of silver.
"You will be decided into teams! When I call your number go stand I'm the opposite end of the field!" Coach yelled. "Marinette, coke here for a moment."
Nodding, I strolled over casually. I saw Jon and Damian on the same team. Great.
"I don't know what if the NFL rules are different over there, but-"
"Don't worry. I know how to play the game. Just put me on a team." I stated, holding my hand up. The couch chuckled before pointing to the opposite team of the people that are trying to be my friends. Nodding, I ran over and smiled. All the guys frowned and started whispering. I just smirked.
"Dean, Kelly, Derik, and Dillan, you be defense. Tim, Fin, Collin, Logan and I offense. Logan snap, Dillan Q.B. Got it?" They just looked at me like I was crazy. "Got it?!" I yelled to get their attention.
"Yes ma'am!" They shouted back.
"Logan got a plan?" He nodded. "Tell is what you got?"

When the game started, no one stood in front of me. I simply hid a smirk. They are so going down. When I heard Dillan shout I took off towards the middle of the field before turning and waiting. No one was watching for me, they just thought I wasn't strong or fast enough to play this game, they headed me no mind. But when Dillan threw the ball, and I caught it before running and getting a touch down. My whole team cheered, while the others gasped in awe. Time to change it up a bit.
When Tyler threw the ball to Damian, Logan threw me into the air and I caught the ball, and raced towards the end zone. I smirked and swished my hips. They were expecting a weakling, a wimp. I refuse to be weak again.
When the whistle blew, signaling the end of class, I high-fived my team before racing off to the showers. I jumped in real fast to just rinse the sweat off my body, before throwing on my school clothes.
"Your quite impressive."
I jumped and saw Logan and his friends standing in the hallway.
"Thank you." I said hollowly while nodding my head. I tried to walk away from them, but they surrounded me in one motion. God, why can't anything go right?! "Can I help you with something?" I asked, facing Logan.
He smirked and stepped closer. "Yes, I want you to-" he gently played with a strand of my damp hair, "get information for me."
I stepped back, but one of his friends, slapped my ass to keep me from going anywhere. I growled at him and glared. "Don't touch me again, or I'll hurt you."
He smirked, before slapping my ass again, Logan joining in this time. Before they could move, I jumped sideways and bashed their heads together. They landed on the ground with a thud.
"Like I said before, touch me again, or talk to me again, I'll hurt you. Got it?" They stayed quiet. "Got. It?!" I yelled.
They groaned before yelling a yes and all of them scattering like roaches.
"Why are people such assholes?" I asked no one in particular. I clutched my school bag a little tighter, and took deep breaths before leaving the school.
I didn't go to school the next day.

⚠️ Mentions of suicide, just yelled out⚠️

"Marinette! You have visitors!" Aunt Kara called
I groaned and rolled over in bed. "Go away!" I called, throwing the covers over my head.
The door opened slowly, and I heard footsteps crossing the distance between me and the door.
"Get up." No.
I jumped up and faced the one guy I didn't want to see. He stood there in jeans and a tee-shirt.
"How the hell did you find me, Adrien?" I growled and got out of bed on the other side. Keeping the bed between us.
He chuckled darkly. "Your parents told the whole class."
"They're not my parents anymore." I hissed, crossing my arms. "Get out, Adrien."
I moved towards the end of the bed, he met me there.
"No, you owe me." He said quietly, his hand trailed down my arm seductively. Gross.
"Get out Adrien, or I'll throw you out." I hissed and stepped away from him. He didn't like that. He lunged at me, I tried to dodge but he grabbed my leg and took my down. He crawled on top of me and pinned my arms down.
"GET OFF ME!!" I yelled.
He placed his arm across my cheek and pushed the side of my face into the floor. He lowered himself, so he was close to my ear and whispered.
"You shouldn't have done that Princess. Leaving, trying to out Lila, abandoning me."
"I didn't abandon you. You guys abandoned me." I hissed as loudly as I could. Which was very loud.
"You should have at least told me! You should have told me!"
"It was KILLING ME!!! Being there! It was killing me! I was so close to killing myself it's not even funny!" I snarled. How dare he?! I abandoned him? What about me? But he didn't get the chance to speak again, he was hauled off me and I took my chance. I grabbed the bag with the miracle box and some clothes and took off out the door. I didn't stop till I was bidding in an alley.