[ ✧*̥₊˚‧ 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ]

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐝

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹: 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭.

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

- ' ✧ ' -

> ready player one?

> r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶?̶

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 sat on the steps leading up to the high school, you pulled your jacket closer to you, a breeze blowing by. it wasnt long before you felt like someone was watching you, slowly turning around you were met with kenmas brown-ish eyes staring back a you. he was standing at the top of the stairs, hands stuck in his pockets to hide his nervous fidgeting. a grin appeared on your face, standing up kenma began walking towards you,

"ko! hey hey!"

he nodded at your energetic nature while you both began walking down the stairs together, "oh! before i forget! tell me-" he interrupted you almost immediately, "no. i cant. not yet." playfully shoving him you grinned, "c'mon kenma! you cant keep secrets from your best friend!" he winced slightly at the words 'best friend', "yeah. sorry."

the walk was relatively quiet. you were doing most of the talking while kenma listened to you go on and on. rather than spending time together divided by a screen and never seeing each other, you actually managed to meet him in real life. you considered yourself part lucky and part stupid for getting lost in the second year wing that day. you were happy that you were able to meet kuroo and yaku, even lev.

you quite liked spending time with kenma though. without screens or video games in general.

"ko! hey! whats your favorite color?"

"black."

"ooh okay- uh animal?"

"i like cats."

"hmm. not surprising. OH how about-"

he was walking slightly ahead of you, he turned back and shot you a confused look, "y/n, what're you doing?" you caught up to him and smiled, "well, i know your favorite games, favorite characters, shows, mangas, and consoles- but i dont know anything else-"

raising a brow he sighed, "whats your favorite color?"

"uhm. i dunno actually-"

"pfft."

he smiled as well, fidgeting with his jacket strings. "hey kozume? can you tell me now?" his eyes widened, he stopped walking almost immediately. you looked at him, he averted eye contact for a minute before looking back at you.

"i- i cant say it

you sighed before placing a hand on his shoulder, "tell me when youre ready."

he nodded slightly, a small smile gracing his face. another cold wind blew through, you shivered slightly in your jacket. he took note of this, "hey- are you cold?" you nodded slightly, noticing him slowly grab your hand. he gently put it in his jacket pocket with his own, not letting go. "better?" maybe it was just the slight chill, but you swore his face was a little redder than usual,

"yes! thank you ko!"

he smiled at the little nickname. you gave it to him before you even knew his actual name, you knew 'applepi' then you knew 'kodzuken', and finally, you were allowed to know kozume kenma. the nickname 'ko' came from his user 'kodzuken' a play on his own name. despite meeting him in real life, many times over he had asked you to call him by his first name, but old habits die hard you guess.

"lets head back alright? its getting late."

・゚★,

approaching the steps yet again, you removed your hand from his pocket, much to his dismay. he smiled, "thanks for tonight." you grinned aswell,

"goodnight, kenma."

he felt a little brave in that moment, brushing the stray hairs off your forehead, he kissed it gently before quickly turing back towards the school.

"yeah- goodnight y/n.

placing a hand over your forehead you felt your entire face heat up, you couldnt help but smile like crazy. thoughts running through your head at a million miles an hour. you couldnt even form a sentence right now if someone asked you if you were okay.

'so many thoughts. head full. head very full. full of kozume kenma.'

you stayed like that for a while, you were, in fact, catching feelings for your best friend.

and boy did it feel great.