(5) Tripping on Stairs

A/N: The beginning of this chapter starts on the same day as the last

Peter, Michelle, & Ned walked out of their first hour. Laughter escaping their lips as they had no clue an anxious & furious Flash lurking around. They were having their usual talk, Peter & Ned talking about something super nerdy that Michelle regularly chimed in on as she flipped through the pages of her book to impose her comment amongst the two. 

Flash followed behind the group of nerds with his backpack thrown over his shoulder with his hand tugging on the strap of his backpack & a textbook in his other hand. 

Flash was forced to share study hall with Peter & Ned, now Flash had to sit in a room with the two & listen as the two chat about mind-numbing, ear-filling non-sense. 

Flash knew he would grow agitated when he heard Peter & Ned laugh obnoxiously & speak loudly. 

Flash didn’t know how he would deal with being trapped in a room with Peter for an entire hour, sitting through class & listening to Mr. Smarty Pants answer every question the teacher asks or raise his hand trying to answer the question. 

But Flash made it through the day, with an urge to yell & cuss out Peter. But he held himself back for as long as he could. But he almost lost it when he heard Peter speak to his other friends. 

“I’m sorry for how I’ve been acting”, Peter apologized to Ned, Michelle, & Betty. “I don’t really want to explain what happened, but do you guys mind coming over this weekend”? 

Flash didn’t hear their response before he slammed his locker & exited the school. 

---

Peter’s friends came over on the weekend. They met Peter’s entire family, had dinner, & stayed over until they all had to leave. 

Peter’s phone was blowing up from texts from Flash, he was trying to apologize & asked to come over to talk, but Peter had unadded him from all social media after Flash didn’t get the first clue from being unadded on Snapchat. Peter ended up blocking Flash on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, & Flash’s phone number. 

But Peter’s weekend was rather slow as he dreaded the arrival of school, yet he wanted to see his friends again, but he was not looking forward to the long school days throughout the five day week. 

No matter how much Peter dreaded the morning, his alarm rang at 6:30 AM. 

Peter groaned as he smacked his hand over top of the snooze button as he rolled over & tried to get a much needed extra five minutes of sleep. But before Peter could fall back into the luxury of sleep, he was awakened by his mother entering the room. 

“Peter”, Pepper sighed as she walked over to Peter’s bed & shook the boy. Peter groaned again as he rolled over & mumbled without opening his eyes. “Come on honey, you need to get up”. 

“No”, Peter mumbled as he tugged at his blankets to warm himself. “Just five more minutes”. 

“Come on”, Pepper said as she walked over to Peter’s light switch. Flicking the lights on, blinding Peter even with his eyes closed. “You need to get ready for school, Happy is taking you to school at 7, so get up”. 

Peter tried to open his eyes, but the bright light coming from the light in his ceiling was burning his retinas. He parted his eyelids ajar with his head hovering above his pillow, he watched his mother walk out of his room. Peter smiled as he closed his eyes, let his head fall into the soft comfort of the pillow, & lay face down for a few seconds.