(11) Over Thinking

It's been a week since Peter, his friends, & family were sent to the principal's office, & it's been three days since Harry left to go back home with his father, but now it was Monday morning.

It's been a week since Peter knew how he felt about Michelle. He knew that every time he thought about her his face would redden, his stomach would tickle, & his lips couldn't do anything but smirk. He would fill with happy thoughts, & that's how he would feel, happy.

"So, what's going on with you two", Betty asked as he pointed to Michelle who was now entering the cafeteria? "Ned told me that you like her in that way... & I think you should tell her".

"Yeah", Ned agreed.

"What? No, shut up, I'm not going to tell anyone", Peter said as he looked up. "Act natural, she's coming".

"Tell her", Ned whispered.

"Tell who what", Michelle said as she sat down?

"You, about my party that I'm throwing for my 'Gotcha' day, late next month", Peter said. "Adopted parents throw them every year for their kids after adoption to show how much they really care".

"Oh, well that's nice, save me a seat & I'll be there", Michelle said as she pulled out her book.

They sat in an awkward silence before anyone spoke.

"I would love to continue this conversation, but I should be getting to class", Peter said as he pulled his backpack over his shoulder & took his leftovers to the trash cans.

Michelle stood up as well & followed, they stopped at Michelle's to grab her math book on their way to class.

"So I was thinking that maybe you, Ned, & Betty could come over tomorrow night after Decathlon to get ready for our first competition in December, can you make it", Michelle asks as she hands Peter her books?

"Yeah, Happy will drop me off, how's 4", Peter asked as they started walking to class, that was just down the hallway? He didn't notice that he was still carrying her books, nor did she, but at this point it happened all the time.

Without knowing he has been doing it for the past four weeks, Peter always carried her books to class & dropped them off at her seat.

They walked into class & he sat her books down at her seat.

Peter thought about what Betty said, & maybe he should tell her, but he felt it was too soon. He knew Michelle had a crush on Brad & in some weird way, Brad liked her back. He didn't want to make anything more complicated.

But then he thought about it again, Brad was dating Liz, so there isn't any chance of them getting together. Michelle was completely single, & she let Peter carry her books, they talked every minute every day after school, they hung out every weekend, & Michelle had a cute way of teasing to Peter that almost seemed like flirting.

"Hey, MJ", Peter went over his lines as he thought to himself. "I have something important to tell you & I would like if you would come over later tonight to talk".

"No, no", Peter whispered. Michelle looked over at Peter like he was a crazy person.

"Michelle, can you come over after school, I need to tell you something", Peter thought, shaking the idea off. Thinking that he should just tell her now. "MJ, so... this is awkward, but I- I have a crush on you".

Peter again shook off the idea. Michelle looked at Peter as he consistently shook his head.

"I've wanted to tell you this for a while now... MJ, I like you", Peter thought, finally finding the words he wanted to use. He nodded his head & once more got a strange look from Michelle.