(9) Happened Again

Peter, Harley, & Harry looked between each other with scared looks on their faces. 

“I trusted you three to stay home alone while we were out in Japan for one day, then we had to come back early because all of you wanted to be irresponsible & throw a party”, Pepper yelled as she paced around the room & pointed at all three of them with anger in her eyes. 

Tony was standing behind Pepper with a worried look on his face as well, pleading not to have the rath released on himself. 

“It wasn’t a party”, Peter said, he spoke softly as he rubbed his temple from his pounding headache. Each sound felt like a sludge-hammer to his head. “I just had a few friends over, things may have gotten out of hand, but it’s an honest mistake”. 

“Honest mistake”, Pepper asked as she scoffed & looked back at Tony. Tony with a scared look still plastered on his face, now shaking his head as he transitioned into a disappointed look. “You are all grounded, go to your rooms, that means you to Harry”. 

“Can you please yell at us quietly”, Peter asked? “I still have a hangover”. 

“I’LL DEAL WITH YOU LATER”, Pepper said as she pointed to the stairs. Peter clenched his face as he, & the others, stood up & walked to their rooms. 

Pepper watched as they slowly made their ways up the stairs & to their rooms. 

“Can you believe they did this”, Pepper asked? 

“I’m flabbergasted by this news”, Tony said. “But you know this would have happened sooner or later, their teenagers & my children, did you really think this wasn’t going to happen”? 

Pepper didn’t respond, she just glared at Tony until he cowered & retreated. 

---

They were all split into different rooms, including Harry. 

The kids didn’t know how their parents found out about the get-together, they didn’t know there were cameras in the house. But the party wasn’t the only thing Tony & Pepper saw on the cameras. 

As the hours went by, the day closed to an end & the night was starting to emerge. 

Peter’s windows started to show the night as he heard a slight knock on the door. 

“Hey”, Tony said as he slowly opened the door, he had a green smoothie in his hand. “How’s your hangover”? 

“Terrible”, Peter said as he rolled over onto his stomach. 

“Well this should help”, Tony said as he handed Peter the drink. Peter sat up & took it from him, taking a sip to relieve the pain. “But that’s not all I needed to come in here & give you, your mother says I have to talk to you about something”. 

“I told you guys that it got out of hand, & I’m sorry but nothing bad happened”, Peter pleads. 

“No, that’s not what I meant”, Tony said. “We saw what happened with you & Michelle”. 

“Nothing happened”, Peter said as he sat the smoothie aside & laid face down once more. 

“Well, we know that you like her”, Tony said as he patted Peter’s back. “So now your mother thinks, now that you are interested in girls, that I should give you the talk”. 

“Please, no”, Peter begs. 

“When a man loves a woman…”, Tony started. 

“Oh god”, Peter complained. He tried to drown his father out, but he was forced to listen.