Chapter 9

"Aphrodite Sparks" Professor McGonagall called.

I took a deep breath and slowly walked up to the stool. I sat down and scanned the entire room looking for someone. I spotted Cedric and he gave me a smile and a thumbs up. He was sitting at the Hufflepuff table. I smiled at him and looked around. My eyes landed on Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They all smiled and mouthed "Good Luck." I felt someone staring at me and saw Malfoy. He grinned and raised his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. Then I felt Professor McGonagall place mt hat upon my head.

"SLYTHERIN" The hat called out.

The Slytherin table erupted in cheers. I smiled and just as I was about to get up the hat spoke again.

"GRYFFINDOR" The hat yelled loudly.

"What?" I questioned.

"RAVENCLAW" The hat continued.

My heart stopped. Everyone was staring at me confused. Is this a joke? I was terrified out of my mind. What is going on.

"Albus.. Its her.." Professor McGonagall said to Dumbledore.

"What's happening??" I frantically asked.

I looked around and saw Cedric's face drop.

"What?" I saw Hermione mouth.

"HUFFLEPUFF."

My eyes widened.

"Ms. Sparks please come with me." Dumbledore requested.

"First tell me what is going" I demanded.

"Ms. Sparks I advise you not to resist. We will tell you in a matter of time. Now please, follow me." He said sternly.

I got up and followed him. I saw everyone staring at me and whispering. I could feet my cheeks start to heat up.

We went up a few flights of stairs and eventually came to his office.

"Professor, please tell me, why did the sorting hat do that?" I looked at him confused.

"Ms. Sparks now is not the time for questions." He looked around for something.

"Professor I demand to know what is going on with me!" I yelled.

He looked up and I instantly regretted it.

"I will tell you momentarily. Now if only I could find.." He cut off his sentence halfway. "Found it!" He held up a necklace.

"Sir- A necklace??" I looked at him like he was crazy. "I hardly think a necklace will solve this."

He sat down at his desk and stared at me.

"Have you ever heard of the Fourth Witch Prophecy." He asked me.

I shook my head no. "I didn't know there was such thing."

"Well there is. It simply states that one day a girl will appear at a school for witches and wizards and get into all houses. Now that girl very obviously is you." He spoke.

"i-is that bad?" I tried to understand.

"Yes.. and No. The prophecy then states that this specific girl could bring the downfall of Hogwarts." He paused. "Or be the savior of Hogwarts."

I stared at him shocked. "Well whats the good part??"

"Well considering you fit into all the houses, you are very powerful. With the heart of a Hufflepuff, the skill of a Slytherin, the loyalty and bravery of a Gryffindor, and the mind of a Ravenclaw, you will do many things in the future." He smiled.

"Okay, well what house am I supposed to belong to. What team do I play for in Quidditch??" I was starting to freak out.

"We can figure all that out later. In the meantime, we have a separate room for you to sleep in until we figure out your house placement."

"How long will that take?"

He paused. "A week at most."

A week?? This is going to be a nightmare.

"Now off you go Ms. Sparks." He smiled at me "I am sure you will make best of this situation."