Chapter 14

We started walking back up to the staircases. I watched in amusement as a staircase close to us starting moving.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do." Ron glanced weirdly at Hermione.

"Who doesn't" I laughed at Harry.

Just then the staircase we were on started to move. I held on to the railing to make sure I didn't fall.

"What's happening??" Harry looked frightened.

Hermione sighed. "The staircases move remember?"

I looked around and saw that we were approaching a door. "Come on. Let's just go this way."

We walked off the staircase and entered the door to find a cold dark empty alleyway.

"Does anyone feel like.. We shouldn't be here?" I whispered.

"We're NOT supposed to be here. This is the third floor remember." Hermione rolled her eyes

"What?" I looked around. "What about the third floor?"

"Right.. You left the welcome back ceremony." Hermione's eyes widened.

I glanced at her. "Geez Hermione no need to say it like that."

"Shh!!" Hermione said loudly.

"It's Filchs cat!" Ron's eyes widened

"Run!!" Harry exclaimed.

I started following Harry and when I looked back the cat was chasing us. Hermione pointed to a door on the other side.

"It's locked!" Harry jiggled the doorknob.

"Oh, we're done for!" Ron sadly exclaimed.

"Oh for goodness sake, move over!" I shoved them to the side and took my wand out. I pointed it at the lock. "Alohomora"

The door unlocked itself.

"Come on! No time to dilly dally" I pushed them inside and frantically closed the door. Just then we heard Filch approach and talk to his cat.

I pressed my ear against the door. I could hear murmurs, but I wasn't able to make out what he was saying. After about a minute I heard him walk away.

Just then I turned around to look at Hermione, Ron, and Harry but I was faced with the largest dog I had ever seen.

"Don't. Say. Anything." Hermione whispered.

One of its heads turned around to face us and started growling.

"RUN" I exclaimed, throwing open the door.

We ran all the way towards the Gryffindor common room.

"What the hell was that?!" Ron seemed freaked out

"I don't know, but I'm out. I've had enough excitement for today." I walked away in less than a heartbeat not allowing them to say anything.

I turned around and saw them walking into their common room. I shook my head and kept walking. It doesn't matter I don't have a house. I kept telling myself that, but I could never seem to believe myself.

I kept my head down and kept walking. It was getting dark so there weren't many people in the halls. Right as I was turning the corner I ran right into someone and fell right on top of them.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I looked up and saw Malfoy. "Ugh. It's you."

He rolled his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I could easily go and tell McGonagall that you aren't in your dorm."

"It's not curfew yet dumbass" I rolled my eyes and walked away.

That boy was REALLY getting on my nerves.