Chapter 18

I woke up around 9:30 and immediately went straight to the great hall for breakfast. I wasn't surprised to find Ron, Hermione, and Harry sitting together at the Gryffindor table. I walked up to the table and sat myself next to Hermione, so we were facing Ron and Harry.

"How goes it Aph?" Hermione smiled at me.

"Hermione." I nodded my head acknowledging her existence.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Hermione said trying to make conversation.

"Yup. Fell asleep soon as my head touched my pillow." I looked down at my hands.

"Last night was loads of fun. I'm surprised we didn't get caught though." Hermione laughed.

"Yeah. Surprisingly.." I looked at Ron who was giving a weird look to Hermione.

"You okay Aph? You seem a bit.. tense." Ron said searching for the right word.

"Sorry, just a bit nervous is all." I looked up.

"There's no need to be nervous. My game went pretty well if I say so myself." Harry said taking a bite of his apple.

"I'm still bummed I missed your game. Especially since it was against Slytherin." I looked over at the Slytherin table.

"Don't worry Aph. You're going to do great. I know it." Hermione smiled at me.

"Thanks, Mione. I just really hope I don't choke on the snitch." I said teasingly as I got up from the table. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Ced."

I walked to the Hufflepuff table where about 30 people were scattered throughout the table. I spotted Cedric quickly, walked over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him.

"Hey Aph." He said ruffling my hair.

"Stop that I just brushed my hair ten minutes ago." I smacked his arm away from my head and gave him a dirty look.

"Not my problem you have to rebrush your hair," He said laughing, "So, why are you here."

"I don't know. Just nervous I guess, and I need someone to talk to." I looked at Cedric and smiled.

"Fair enough. Well there's no need to be nervous because you are actually really good at quidditch. Especially for a first year. Want a grape?" He said as he popped a green grape into his mouth.

"Ew no that's disgusting. Also close your mouth when you chew your food please." I snickered.

"You need to lighten up a bit Aph. Here, catch a grape in your mouth." Cedric started throwing grapes at my face.

"Stop! Ow that one hit my eye!" I laughed and threw grapes back at him.

"If you caught it, it wouldn't have." Cedric rolled his eyes and ate another grape

I was mid laugh when I heard someone come up behind me.

"Well well, if it isn't Sparks hanging out with a Hufflepuff." Malfoy snickered.

"Well well, if it isn't Malfoy hanging out with the only people who don't hate him." I fired back looking at Crabbe and Goyle

"Heard you don't fit in at Ravenclaw. Im not surprised. You're not the brightest person here. Especially since you're with a Hufflepuff. I hope you know, they're all losers." He took a bite of an apple.

"Well then, I'd rather be known for being friends with losers than a Malfoy." I glared at him.

"Well, you're not very friendly." Malfoy looked at Cedric and glared.

"What do you think you're looking at Diggory." Malfoy spat out.

"I suggest you go back to the Slytherin table right now and stop bothering Aph." Cedric stood up.

"Whatever. You're not threatening you know." Malfoy looked back at me.

"Good luck today in quidditch. You'll need it. I'll go visit madam pomfrey and make sure a bed will be available for you in the hospital wing after Slytherin beats you." Malfoy snarled.

"Honestly Malfoy, your obsession with me has gone too far. It's a bit scary." I got up and walked past him making sure to shove him with my arm.

I could hear Cedric and Malfoy bickering with each other some more. I rolled my eyes and shook my head and made my way back to the Gryffindor table.

"If that Malfoy boy talks to me one more time I will literally gouge out his eyeballs with my wand." I sighed as I sat down next to Hermione.

"Well, don't think too much of it. Hes an ass to everyone." Harry looked at Malfoy out of the corner of his eyes.

"I guess your right." I sighed.