Chapter 3: Progress Made

Within minutes Devin sent a video, I didn't want to open it. I'm way too attracted to him. Whats not to like about him? Plus I don't want to seem thirsty. Thea however on the other hand wanted to check him out. Seconds later she snatched my phone out of my hand. Playing the video.

"Yooo what up Cherri T it's your boy Devin just showing I am the real, or valid like you call it." He laughs showing a beautiful smile that covered his eyes, but made up by lighting up his face. "hit me back." He winks giving the peace sign before ending the video.

I felt the energy of him being arrogant but I am intrigued. Great minds think a like. Thea was recording the entire time, shoving the camera in my face afterwards to catch the slightest reactions.

"Well mama what do we think?" She laughed knowing that I was attracted to him, the possibility of new age connection could be right, and I was wrong. I would never admit to her that my theory can eventually be debunked. What was I working for? What is the point if there are new ways to find someone? What if I cant adapt? I always try to find ways to ruin things. My mind wanted me to ruin Devin. I quickly gained my composure pushing the camera back to align myself correctly.

"Well, he's real. So no catfishing. But he's in the NBA, why come on a dating site to find someone he has money and people to find him someone. Which leads me to believe he just wants to play."

Thea quickly turned off her camera disgusted at by my statement. "I'm not going to do this with you." She says in a harsh tone. "Damn it Cher give someone a chance its been 2 years since that thing with Milo, let that shit go."

She crossed the line. That quick maybe we shouldn't do this we made a promise to not bring up my ex, but the first argument we have she does. "Don't do that The it's-" before I get my words out. "No its not the same so lets go into this with an open mind" she says before turning on the camera back on.

"Let's get a closer of his profile. We gotta document this" She zooms in on the screen sitting beside me while I just gathered myself. She is right he does a chance, and I deserve a new beginning. A fresh start.

"yeah, yeah" I shake my head in agreement but deep down I didn't want to share this. My first private moments with him for the world, I don't want this to feel like work. I am instantly starting to feel regrets documenting.

"We are conducting a social experiment I guess you can say that." I smile at the camera trying to find the appropriate words to say because it was no longer an experiment to me.

"...To see if online relationships can turn into sincere relationships, or maybe just a genuine connection I myself being socially anxious and fucked up in all the areas." Thea laughs turning the camera to her and nodding "She's all the way fucked up." The camera returns on me, while I flip her off.

"... will try to find me a proper man, along with my soulmate, sister and everything in between Thea who forced me to sign up. Thea show everyone your lovely face again." Thea turned the camera to face herself giving a wink and smile.

"Let me catch you all up to speed real quick, this dating site claims it found my soulmate whose not Thea."

My face lights up at the thought of not being alone. I know eventually me and Thea will grow apart. Because she has a boyfriend who I third wheel with and I am sure Thai is tired of me. Maybe Devin can be the person I spend time with.

"His name is Devin Booker, many of you may already know him he is a shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers many of you may say you getting catfish but your girl aint going out sad I got the proof, Thea zoom in on his profile" I added.

"He has sent me a video.. fully clothed don't get any dirty thoughts we're not there..... yet. Your girl aint hopping on the next flight to LA unless...jk" I laugh there was no way I was going to hop on the plane for him.