Chapter 12

Charity's POV

Not working is a new experience for me. I have been working to support myself since high school and through college. I miss going into the office and doing all the things an assistant does. Working for Tae could be a chore at times, but I did get to spend all day with him. He is so picky and has to have a certain coffee, only has lunch from certain places. He needed snacks and reminders to focus on his assignments. Not to mention helping him keep up with his woman of the week was a chore. But I miss it and him.

My new boss is just as demanding, but cuter. Over the past few months, we have come to an understanding, and it is basically that he is still the boss. Smiling I buckle Jae into his infant car seat. He looks adorable in his little khakis, teddy bear polo, and little boat shoes. Tae dresses Jae like a little him. Except for some teddy bears or other pictures on his shirts my son dresses like an adult. I keep a stroller that never leaves the trunk for trips just like this. Today we are going to pay a surprise visit to Tae's office for lunch.

After about a forty-minute ride we arrive at the office. Parking in the underground garage, I spend a few minutes getting the stroller and Jae ready to make the trip upstairs. His diaper bag covered with teddybears is under the stroller along with the lunch I packed for Tae and me. I had called in advance to at least make sure that he had no plans, but I did ask that his new assistant not tell him we were coming.

I adore Tae's new assistant; he is very good at his job. He is a nice older married gentleman, that has the patience of a saint. At first, Tae was a little concerned that he couldn't do the job as well as I did. Richard proved him wrong by being a quick learner and very efficient. Even finding time to stop by the house to pick up muffins for him.

Jae is in his stroller giggling and bouncing excitedly to play in his dad's office. Jae is now 6 months old and the world is still fascinating to him. He loves all the lights and anything he can get his hands on. Tae and Richard have a bunch of baby toys hidden in the office for him and his cousins when they come over. They have also childproofed the office. It is such a change from where we were at this time last year.

Walking into his office the first thing I notice is his huge smile and the look of genuine happiness on his face. "Hey Baby, what brings my two favorite people here today?" Leaning down to kiss me he then takes Jae. "Hey, there big man I see you decided to keep it casual today." Jae giggles and reaches for the necklace that Tae has on. I spread a blanket on the ground, and we have a picnic lunch on the floor of his office. It was easier than trying to hold a wiggling Jae who will reach out to grab anything in his reach. Being on the floor is easier since his new thing is to rock on his hands and knees.

I am personally glad he is now trying out some baby food instead of just breastfeeding all the time. I hope to wean him off the breast completely by a year old. I watched as Tae placed a bib on our son and begins to try and feed him.

Taehyung's POV

Kissing Charity and Jae goodbye at the elevator made me want to leave early today. Seeing them always made me want to spend forever with them. Walking back into my office I went to try and finish up the Johnson-Smith account. It shouldn't be taking as long as it is but Mr. Johnson was still holding out hope that either his daughter or Mr. Smith's son would be able to save the company with an influential marriage. I admire the sacrifice that they are trying to make to save their company, but I could not imagine asking that of my child or future children. A loveless marriage to get an influx of cash that is not guaranteed to be enough to save the business. Both of their kids would need to marry in the next few days and the fathers would still lose controlling interest in the business. I guess that for them they just don't want me to have the business.

While I was sending my final email to Mr. Smith and Mr. Johnson letting them know that I would pull back my offer at midnight tomorrow if they have not made up their mind. I will not beg them or wait forever, if they want to close down the business altogether that's fine. I will simply buy the land and building at half price and they can go into bankruptcy. Other companies would be more than happy with the help I can offer them. The phone on my desk buzzes.

"Yes, Richard?"

"There is a woman named Lena here to see you, sir. She doesn't have an appointment but insists that you want to hear what she has to say." I consider this information. Do I even know anyone named, Lena? "Please send her in but keep security close."

"Yes Sir"

Then there she was Lena my ex real estate agent. She followed behind Richard with a smile on her face. "Thank you, Richard." He nodded and left my office.

"Thank you for seeing me on such short notice." I kept my face neutral, but her presence was irritating me. We have no business together and therefore no reason for her to be in my office.

"What do you want? I am not in the market for a new house. Nor am I in the mood for your bullshit." She smiles and takes a seat in the chair across from me, crossing her legs at the knee. Her skirt is already on the short side sitting how she is, is showing more than I need or want to see.

"You are going to help me get my job back and give me an allowance until I do." This bitch is delusional. Laughing I stand up to escort her out of my office. I walk towards the door and reach for the knob. "Are you not even going to ask any questions? Like what would make me come in here with the confidence to tell you this. Cause I am not asking." Standing next to the door I turn and face her. "Speak."

"I have something you don't want to be released. I am going to hold on to it as long as you do as I tell you. If you don't I will release it." I look at her with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. She is going to need more than an idle threat to intimidate me.

"I have a video of you with a woman, that is not your wife. Now I want to be the other woman, with a weekly date night. If you keep standing there like that I will continue to raise my price." The smile on her face tells me she is confident in whatever it is that she has.

Placing my hand on the door to my office I turn and face her. "I have no time for you and your bullshit. If you believe you have something on me and you think releasing it is in your best interest, do you. If what you do even gives my wife so much as a split end, it will be the worst mistake you make. Get the hell out of my office and do not come back." Grabbing her purse, she gets up and heads to the door. "You just made a horrible mistake."

As soon as I saw her get on the elevator I called down and had security grab her before she could leave the building. Getting my phone, I call Hobi.

📞

Hobi: Hey Tae

Tae: I need you to do a background check on someone.

Hobi: Who?

Tae: My ex realtor. She is trying to blackmail me.

Hobi: Have you ever fucked her?

Tae: Not exactly

Hobi: Is it possible she has anything on you?

Tae: Nothing recent, actually nothing in at least three last years. I never cheated on Allison and I have never cheated on Charity.

Hobi: Where is she?

Tae: In holding with security

Hobi: OK I'm on my way.

A/N: Hello beautiful people. 😁 I hope you are happy, healthy, and peaceful today. I am doing well just a bit tired, but mostly bored being in the house all the time. I hope you guys have enjoyed this update. Please vote and comment and let me know what you think about the update. I hope you guys all continue to stay safe and take care of yourselves. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ I will see you guys on the next update. Remember that you are important to someone. (❤'艸`❤)