Chapter 8

(Princeton Manor in Salem)

At the Princeton residence James and Tanya Princeton were busy hosting a Gala for the Coven to celebrate three hundred years of being in Salem. While the adults drank, ate, and spoke with one another Sarah was busy weaving through the crowd of guests, chasing after her younger brother, Andrew. The ten-year-old looked back at his sister with a smirk as he turned the corner in the foyer. Sarah was now getting tired of chasing her brother around, and held her hand out stopping him his tracks with a red aura surrounding his feet.

"Hey no fair!" Andrew complained as Sarah crossed her arms disappointed with her brother. A second later James stepped out from behind Sarah. "Oh, hey Dad. How's it goin?" He asked as his father held his hand out to him.

"Hand it over young man." James said.

"Hand what over?" Andrew asked acting confused.

"Andrew!" James said more sternly not enjoying Andrew's game.

"Okay fine, here." The boy said handing his father the apple tarte.

"Sarah why weren't you watching him?" James asked holding the baked treat for adults.

"I was watching him, but then I ran into the High Priestess, and you know how hard it is to say no to that woman." Sarah said making her dad nod in understanding. James then kissed the side of Sarah's head and walked away. Sarah sighed and released her brother who marched over to the bench that was in the foyer.

"It was just a tarte you didn't have to get dad involved." Andrew said annoyed with his sister.

"Andrew that wasn't just an apple tarte, it was made with gin, and juniter." Sarah said but Andrew only looked at her like she grew a second head. "Meaning, not for children." She added but he still looked confused. "It has alcohol in it." She finished.

"Well, why would someone bring a desert with alcohol to a party?" Andrew asked.

"Because this party isn't for kids, it's for mom and dad." Sarah said getting annoyed with her brother. Then then sighed and took on a deep breath. "Alright look, our job as the children is to show support and make sure mom and dad look good." She said as Andrew looked down for a moment deep in thought.

"So we're just accessories for our parents to show off?" Andrew asked confused.

"Well, I. . . I suppose so." Sarah said confusing not just Andrew but herself as well. She's never thought of it that way before. She then sighed turning to her younger brother. "Andrew, this is the way society works around here, and I get it's not fair, or right, but that doesn't mean that, we can't have fun from time to time." Sarah said pulling her brother in for a hug. "So I think we'll have to head back over there soon, but first." Sarah whipped her hand out as a red mist covered her hand. The mist began to glow and shimmer before disappearing to reveal a large cupcake.