Chapter 4: A compromise

Mothers POV

"How about this Sam. You go to school and see how it goes-"

"I really dont want to go back!"

"Listen, okay? I know you dont want to and I wont force you, but if you go for one more day then I'll tell the principal that I'm taking you out of school, And I'll home school you if you still want me to. If you go one more day, and I'll let you teleport away from the bullies if you dont tell anyone how." I started to whisper the last part as if some one was watching.

"R-really?"

"Yes"

"I'll go one more day."

I ruffle his hair as he's looking up at me with tears in his eyes.

The next day

Sam and I got ready to go to school for one last day. I parked in the parking lot and went in with him. He went to class and when he was out of hearing distance I looked at the person in the office. It wasn't the principle though.

"So, my son didn't have a good day yesterday"

"Oh no, how so?"

"He had a black eye."

The "principle" had a small grin on her face that I hardly noticed. I dont think she know I see her smile.

"How did that happen?"

She had a bitter sweat smile that I didn't like.

"What is your role in this school"

I look at her dead in the eyes.

"I'm the vice principal"

"I want the actual principal if, you don't mind"

She went to get the principal, I noticed her shaking. I probably scared her off, otherwise I don't think she would've left. I see the principal coming, great he seems nice.

"What did you wish to talk to me about ma'am?"

"My son came home with a black eye yesterday, I'm going to drop him out of this school, and probably continue to home school him"

"I'm so sorry about that miss," he walks over the computer, "What may your son's name be?"

"Samuel ******"

"Ah, one of the newer kids. Unfortunately I don't think I would be aloud to drop him out so early. How did you get your son to go to school today?"

"I made a compromise with him. I don't think he'll like to come again. As soon as you can drop him out can you tell me? I'll just home school him and he'll have the absent days here."

"If you really wish ma'am. I'll tell his teacher when school ends."

"Thank you, I'll be back to pick up my son."

"Of course, have a great day"

"You too." I continue to walk towards the door.

Later After School

"Mommy!"

I turn around to see my son coming up to me, again, he seemed brused, but... it seems worse then last time. It looked as though he had bruses all around his body. He looked happy to get out of school though... should I tell him he isn't completely out of school? He needs to know.

"Hi, my child."

"We can go home right?" He looked a little sadder... I don't think he even bothered using his magic...

"Of course Sam, I have something to tell you in the car."

"Okay!"

In the car

"So what did you want to tell me?" Sam asked me while I was starting up the car.

"So first, I couldn't drop you out of school-"

"What, Mom you said you would!"

"You didn't let me finish."

"Oh, sorry."

"But, I did tell the principal that your not gonna be going to school and I'm going to homeschool you," He's about to cut me off again, so I continue to speak, "And yes, he'll tell me when you can be dropped out of school."

"Thank you, mom!"

We arrive at the house shortly after... tomorrow's gonna be rough...

"I have a question Sam." I ask as we're getting out of the car. I need to know why...

"Mhm?" He looks over to me with confusion

"Did you even bother using magic with... the bullies?" I made sure to whisper because we aren't yet inside. I can tell he didn't, I want to know If he's gonna tell me directly.

"Oh, uhm... no, not really" he looks ashamed.

"Why not?"

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, no, no," I panic and make sure he knows everything is fine before I continue, "I just want to know why you didn't do anything when I said you could"

"I... I wanted to make sure I kept my promise..."

I open the door and turn to him, "Hunny, you know I gave you permission to use magic right?" I made sure we were inside, with the door closed before I said that... don't want that fact to get into the world... enough people hate me already for falling in love with a monster...

"I know... but I made a promise... and people aren't supposed to break promises..."

My mind raced as I realize that I've been told so many times that promises were made to get broken... I forgot he even made that promise...I keep my promises, why don't other people keep theirs? I.... kept so many promises, made too many promises... yet, when they promise me something... a month passes... a year passes... and all I was told were, promises were made to be broken... you idiot. Why? Why did I not realize that my son-

"Mom?"

Samuel's POV

Mom was just standing there.. broken... she looked down at me shocked when I spoke... She forgot I was there... I wonder what she was thinking about...

"Y-yes sam?" I notice her stutter..

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine sam... let's go got you healed up... I can teach you some magic if you want."

"Okay!"

That's the end of this chapter. Sorry it took so long to get out. I was feeling really unmotivated. I'm proud of this chapter... and soon, we may be going further into the future. Until next time, see you all later.

Words: 1004