Chapter 5

What did he want?

Frowning, I stood behind the front door, blocking him from entering or trying to get a good view in side.

He brought a bouquet of roses, chocolates that looks like it taste sweet and a small present that was wrapped was in his hands.

"I'm sorry about our fight earlier. I didn't mean to upset you. I was thinking about you earlier when I was with my friends so I saw this fortunate diamond bracelet that reminded me of you." He mentions time me while handing me over the wrapped of present insisting me to open.

Unwrapping the little bow tie and opening inside the small box of my present, I took an exhale. There was a bracelet that was shining gorgeously inside my box. I have to admit it was very beautiful, looks like it cost so much money, with the real diamond crystal clear and all. It looks terribly expensive. I wonder if it's worth a fortune.

One thing about my boyfriend is he knows how to spoil me with gifts. Whenever we get into an argument. I know that I'm worth more than those prizes but seeing an effort to come at my doorsteps really mean something. I really love Jacob. I just can't stay mad at him. Aw poor Jacob.

Jacob come from being rich so he would spend on me once in a while. Let's say if I hadn't answer the front door he would've hire helicopters at my gates. He was so obsessive. People want to ruin a good relationship when they see one.

Even though it was so beautiful like pearls how Jacob was soothing me right now I didn't like how he can try to buy me when we have an argument every time. You see, I'm always the one who becomes weak. Our scripts need to switch now.

Mom says if I keep letting a man in just like she keeps letting father in whenever he abuses her than he will never respect you. They will keep doing it. When it's time to let go it will be harder. Each time you forgive.

"Jacob, baby, it's so beautiful!" I flashed a charm smile looking down at the bracelet in the box then back at him.

He rubs his hands on the side of face gently. "It's one of a kind just like you babe."

My cheeks turn red as I continue to admire the little sweet precious gift. I wanted to jump in my boyfriend arms so badly. Jacob tends to spoil me with gifts whenever we had our little arguments. I always fell for Jacob showering me with the most materialistic accessories throughout high school because my love language is gifts! It's the little things that matter. I still have, Mr Fluffy, the big teddy bear that he gave me on our first homecoming together. Every other night I would hug it on my bed before going to sleep. I also still kept our messages even though we text daily. Butterflies always sting around my stomach every time I read our past text to reminisce about the golden hours we made it. I really love him.

This was the exact moment where I let Jacob know how promising my affection was towards this relationship. I could already paint this vision in my mind that after I accept the little gift, he'll apologize, we'll makeup and I'll find myself under him the very next morning, pretend like nothing ever happen the next day. This was exactly how it went down in high school— except we weren't in high school anymore. We are in college. Now there is a lot of time for maturity and endorsement.

As much as it was going to hurt me to push him away— it was only going to be this one night. Samantha always tell me that I should train Jacob to behave accordingly if our arguments weren't going to replay occasionally. My best friend is right.