Chapter 9

Jo POV:

I have to tell him. I can't keep going on knowing that I'm keeping such a massive secret from my love, it not right. But I'm nervous, nervous on how he will react, and nervous about if he even listens to me the immense pain I will put him through.

But it'll only last for a short while, so that makes it okay... right?

God I'm such a bitch, I just need to walk up to him and say 'Hero, I know this will cause you pain, but I need to die' no I can't say that, that sounds bad.

But it's really not, in order to finish the process of me becoming the new Moon Goddess, I need to die. But hear me out, of course when I die that will cause Hero physical pain but it won't last long. This next full moon, I need to take a silver knife and stab my heart in the moonlight when it's at its apex. I need to do this in the special clearing in the woods. It's the place that I took Hero in each of the dreams.

Once I die, my mother will pass most of her powers into my soul. That will resurrect me. When I come back, me and Hero will mate, then he will become the new king. After he becomes king, my power will flow through both him and the pack, making him the strongest werewolf in the world and our pack the strongest pack in the world. Though if there are any werewolves within the pack that are not good, my power will instantly knows not to bless them with my strength. Making them a Omega no matter their previous rank, they will remain that way until my power deems them worthy enough to possess a small portion of it.

Simple.

Or at least I think so.

Why can't I just have enough courage to tell my mate? The whole situation really isn't that bad...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Hero enters the room shirtless with a platter of various breakfast items that he got up early this morning to make in celebration of him marking me. He comes and takes a seat next to me on the large, white sheet clad bed. The sun shines in through the window, highlighting Hero's green eyes, making them appear to be glowing. I am so memorized by his angel like appearance that I don't even register him talking to me.

"Josephine!" Hero exclaims loudly, too loudly for my liking. I then feel his calloused hands on my shoulders shaking me.

"What?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes, what were you thinking about?" He chuckles.

"Just how perfect you are," I answer immediately without even thinking. A grin breaks out onto his face.

"Well, maybe you can let me put some pups in the oven?" He asks nervously, looking down at the bed sheet.

"I would love to Hero, but-" he cuts me off.

"But?"

"But, there is something I need to tell you before we can start making pups." Now I'm the one that's nervous.

"What is it?" He rubs a hand up and down my arm, momentarily distracting me.

"Please promise me, you will listen to all that I have to say and not interrupt before I'm done." I hold my pinkie out to him, he smiles and links his with mine.

"I promise."

"I have to die-" he fucking interrupts me.

"WAIT WHAT?! NO FUCKING WAY!!" I cover his mouth with my hand. His eyes are black and swirl with pure rage and fury.

"Fucking listen to me! Damn!" I yell, his eyes soften and he nods mumbling a low 'okay'. "Good, as I was saying, I have to die. But I promise you it's not what you think."

"Then fucking tell me, as of right now it seems as if my mate is going to die and I'm not gonna be able to spend the rest of my days with you and I won't ever get a litter," he says angrily and crosses his arms like a bratty child, I roll my eyes at his immaturity.

"What did I just say about listening to me?!" I ask with annoyance laced in my voice, making him say a small 'sorry', "you better be," I reply.

"Anyways let me explain.  This next full moon, I will go out into the moonlight at the apex; and yes you may accompany me, but I will take a special silver knife and stab myself in the heart. Killing myself, but when I am in between life and death my mother will pass most of her powers into me. That will resurrect me, I will then come back and we can mate. After mating, my powers will then flow through both you and the pack, but you will get the majority of it making you both the new king and the strongest werewolf on earth. And making the pack the strongest pack, well it already is but even more so, making it a royal pack." I let out a deep breath and flop down back onto the bed, suddenly exhausted from my long speech.

"So we will still be able to have a litter?" He asks after a few minutes of silence. I chuckle at his adorableness. I grab his face in between my hands and pull his face down to mine to kiss him.

"Yes, we can have as many puppies as you desire." I tell him with one eye open and our lips barely pressed together.

"Yes!" He exclaims and jumps off the bed, he then pumps his fist into the air.

"But Hero, when I die, your body will be in absolute pain for a bit. I hope your prepared for that." He nods now with a sad distant look in his eyes.

"But I do have one more question," he tells me after he climbs back on the bed. I nod to encourage him, "you said that no one knew that your mom was mates with your dad, why is that? And will I have to keep you a secret?"

I give out a short laugh, "no you don't have to keep me a secret, my parents did that for privacy reasons." I tell him, he smiles.

"Good, I want to show my beautiful mate off to the world."  He leans in and we once again kiss.

He pulls back and we start to eat the food he brought up that is now a tad bit cold but still delicious, "oh how did you learn to cook like this?!" I exclaim. He laughs.

"My mother taught me, she wanted me to be prepared for when I found my mate." He smiles at his own memories. "Maybe after the whole dying thing, you can meet my parents?" He asks unsure.

"I would love to." He leans in and kisses me.

Note from author❤️:

I hope this all makes sense. But yeah this is what Jo was hiding, it was quite anti-climatic if you ask me. But whatevs.

Did you like it?

You know you love me xoxo,
Zoë