Chapter 12

Hero POV:

I'm floating through a abyss. A warm, dark abyss. It's a place in which I have forgotten all of my troubles and challenges, a place in which I wish to remain until my life's hardships work themselves out.

Though how did I get here? What has happened? What's the last thing I remember?.....

The last thing I remember; clearing under the moon light, beautiful blonde mate encouraging me. But encouraging me for what?

She placed a silver dagger in my hand and instructed me to use it.... use it on her. I was reluctant but I did so anyways, I had kissed her as I stabbed it through her heart so that she knew I loved her, so that she could feel how much I did not want to kill her. Her life was taken from her in my arms by my hand. I watched as the life left her eyes and her soul drifted away into the crisp night air, the same air that had then felt like it disappeared once I heard the last beat of her heart commence. Her sweet pure heart, had then turned cold after the blood flow that kept her heart warm stopped.

After that starts to get blurry, flashes of a canoe, Felix and Kat, and neon blue water with steam go through my mind. Absolute pain had filled my body, rendering me unable to move or speak, the only thing me having the strength to do was to open my eyes and witness the water glow. The water had been so alluring and inviting, as did the steam. It had provided me with a slight feeling of comfort and satisfaction, almost like it was Jo holding me in her arms herself. It had taken me to her, well actually now that I think of it, a more lifeless and stiff version of her. It was a version where the moist mist that surrounded me was more comforting.

I remember being then dropped into the all consuming water that had then swallowed me whole, not allowing me a single molecule of air to bless my ever aching lungs. It wrapped its neon colored claws around my throat until finally... I died?

No, I was close. I was drowning but at the very last second warm arms pulled me out of the unordinary water. It was Josephine, she had pulled me out though she was different. Her pure as light blue-grey eyes had been replaced with solid white, not granting me with the ability to read her like a open book as I usually do. These ones were guarded yet soft, like there was a thousand words needing to be said but saving me the pain of having to hear them.

In the end she told me to sleep, she helped me shift so that my head that felt like it weighed a hundred pounds was laying on her ever soft thighs. Her soft as a feather fingers ran through my wet hair leaving delightful sparks in their wake. Calming me and leading me to sleep.

That's it, that's how I got here.... That's how I'm in this abyss.

The darkness starts to fade away as I start to feel more things, a warms soft surface beneath me and warm sparks shooting through my hand. A alluring, different yet familiar scent is consuming my senses, over powering everything. I subconsciously squeeze slightly onto the sweet sparks consuming my hand and flowing into my body to try and create more.

"That's it, baby. Wake up," a soft, angelic voice whispers into my ear. The encouraging voice keeps going and slowly I feel my strength and senses come back to me. My eyes flutter open and I take a deep breath, the familiar ceiling of my bedroom being the first thing I see. A soft hand reaches over and caresses the side of my face, my head snaps over and there she is. My beautiful, amazing mate sits in a chair with a book in her lap. One of her hands hold mine while the other is still caressing my cheek. "Welcome back," she whispers and smiles sweetly at me.

"Hello, my love," I reply back. "How long was I out for?" I ask.

"Well, I ended up being out for three days and after that I've spent two weeks in here with you." She says calmly.