chapter 31

They stood in front of her apartment. Sidharth was still quiet.

Do you wanna talk Sidharth?

Shehnaaz touched his cheeks. She was sad seeing the silence of Sidharth. She had never seen him like this.

He had nothing to say now. His mind was mess. He didn't wanted to say something and regret it later. He didn't wanted to hurt her too.

He took her hands in his and placed it near his heart.

Kuch nhi hua meri jaan.. Bass dhoda tired hu traveling ki wajah se. Tu jaa rest kar. Hum evening milte hei.

Shehnaaz nodded and kissed on his hands before leaving them. Sidharth smiled.

..

Shreya excitedly ran towards Shehnaaz as she saw her at the door. They hugged tightly.

Ooh Sana, I missed you so much baby. How was your days in Bangalore???

I missed you too Shreya.. Yah.. It was wonderful.

Sidharth kaha hei?

Wo khar gaya hoga.

Shehnaaz tried to hide her her sadness from Shreya.

Tho family se milwaya usse??

Shreya was curious to know more about what happened,when Shehnaaz introduced her boyfriend.

Shehnaaz sat on the couch near Shreya and told her about what happened in Bangalore. Shreya hugged her and stroked her hair to calm her down.

..

It was one of the longest hug Kesav ever received from Sidharth. He made Sidharth to sit on the chair near him.

Beta, tum teek ho?

Kesav was worried about him after his last call.

Sidharth didn't respond. He held on to his father's hand tightly. He needed a support right now, who can guide him properly. But, he had no courage to voice his fears now. Now his fears had conquered his strength.

Kuch hua waha? Shehnaaz, she is ok na?

Sidharth nodded and took a deep breath.

Papa, she is fine. Actually, I wanted to say something.

Haa, bolo bacha.

Papa.. That.. Me and Shehnaaz.. We..

Kesav nodded with a slight smile on his face. Sidharth was confused.

Papa, you know?

Kesav smiled broadly this time.

Baap hu tera!!

Tho aap aaj tak puche kyu nhi?

I know that you will tell me one day, when you will be sure about it. And I don't wanted to interfere in your love.

But, he could see the sadness that still present in Sidharth's face.

Ab bata, kya hua?

Papa.. Wo, do you think it's right?

Kesav was frowned by his question.

What happened, beta? There is nothing wrong in loving someone, especially when that one loves you back a lot.

But, she deserves more papa. She needs a well settled guy, who can take care of her like her family wishes.

Kesav understood what his son was going through. May be because he too had gone through these.

It's not about family. It's about what she wishes? Will she be happy with a well settled guy? With a great mansion and lot of money?

Sidharth sat quiet. He knew the answer. She will be happy only if he was with her. But, what about her family? She won't like to hurt them either? The questions continued to pop up in his mind.

Beta, I have also gone through this. On one hand I had your mother, on other hand my family. I knew she can't live without me. We won't be happy without each other. That would be death for us, if we weren't together. When the pressure came, I had to choose one. And I chose your mother. I still feel sad that I haven't seen my family after that, but it was what they chose for. For them the old creepy culture was above their son. We wanted to reach back to them, when we settled down properly here. But, then what happened was out of our hand. Your mother left us and then I had no courage to face them. But, even now I am sure with the decision that I took 29 yrs back.

Sidharth had never ever asked his parents about their families, after he came to know that they had ran away from their families. He didn't wanted to hurt them with his questions. He sat their listening to his father.

Beta, you should talk to Sana, and ask her what she wants. If she chooses you, be with her till the end, else...  I know she will choose you above everything. She is not like a typical girl, who will just fall for any guy. If she has chosen you, then she will be with you till the end! 

Kesav's words do gave him some strength. He decided to have a conversation with Shehnaaz, than thinking over that matter.

..

The words of Shehnaaz made him frown for a second.

Sidharth!! Are you there?

Haaa..

So, will you come to drop at the resort?

He was confused to what to say. Was she really choosing her family over him??

Are you really going to meet that Varun?

He was frightened.

Actually, Sheena forced me. He is jiju's friend na, so they can't deny in one go. It would look bad for them. It's a resort which he designed actually, you know? I was shocked seeing it's pictures. That is so fabulous. I can't imagine that.. So romantic....  Sidharth!! Are you there????

Sidharth was dumpstuck by now. It was totally opposite to what he had thought. He thought that she would yell at her family for matching her up with someone else other than him.

Sidharth!!!  Yeh kya hogaya tujhe?? Just a formality yaar!! Nothing else. You just drop me there at 7 and you can't deny me!!  You are my best friend.

What the??? Best friend?? Has she lost her memory?. Even though these questions came in his mind, he failed to voice it. He felt like he had no right on her. Somehow he managed.

Yaah. Ok!

Instantly he hang up. He had no idea what he was doing, what she was upto?  What if she really need to give a chance to that guy as per her family's pressure. She is someone who always considers her family above all. What if they managed to make her understand??

He felt like, he lost everything. He needed to control his thoughts. He was never like this before. For him everything was simple and straight. But what happened now?? She has a major hold on his heart and it was acting like her.

..

Sidharth was waiting for Shehnaaz in front of her apartment for a long time. But, there was no sign of her. He checked his phone twice.

The sound of anklets made him to look at the way to the apartment. The site in front of him made his jaw drop.

================================

Please vote comment and share.